Cadillac XTS Review
The 2015 Cadillac XTS ranks 7 out of 10 Luxury Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Cadillac XTS, as well as reliability and safety data.
Though critics say it isn't as athletic as some competitors and features a perplexing infotainment system, they find that the 2015 Cadillac XTS delivers a relaxing ride, a roomy interior and a potent optional twin-turbo V6.
The 2015 Cadillac XTS comes with a standard V6 engine that test drivers say delivers adequate, but unimpressive, power. The XTS Vsport, with its twin-turbocharged V6, provides potent acceleration and performs passing maneuvers easily on the highway, according to reviewers. The standard six-speed automatic transmission impresses some automotive writers with its responsiveness, but others wish it shifted more efficiently. Fuel economy is a bit low for the class, at an EPA-estimated 18/28 mpg city/highway. The XTS isn't as nimble around corners as some rivals, though test drivers nonetheless think that it has controlled handling, and they agree that the XTS is a comfortable highway cruiser.
The interior of the 2015 Cadillac XTS is attractively designed with lush materials, reviewers say. They find the front seats comfortable and the rear seats with ample legroom for passengers. For the class, the XTS has abundant trunk space. Standard features include Cadillac's CUE infotainment system, Bluetooth, a USB port, an eight-speaker Bose audio system and rear parking sensors. Options include a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, navigation, a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system and a panoramic sunroof. Many test drivers remark that CUE has a steep learning curve and that the touch-sensitive climate controls are hard to use without taking your eyes off the road.
- "We like that the XTS offers plenty of room, numerous safety features, near-opulent luxury, and decent driving dynamics, all at the lower end of the premium price point. There are plenty of high-tech features too, but some traditional customers might be turned of by the added complication they bring. Still, this is a car well worth considering if its many strengths meet your needs." -- Consumer Guide
- "Granted, the XTS may seem a bit ordinary compared to true flagship models from Europe, Japan and even Korea. But with its striking looks and supreme comfort levels, there's little question that this Cadillac is determined to earn your attention." -- Edmunds
- "If there is an Achilles heel in the XTS' design, it's the somewhat complex CUE information and entertainment system. Still, when placed side-by-side with the Lexus GS, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and even the BMW 5 Series, the XTS proves a worthy competitor." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other Cars to Consider
The Cadillac CTS has a similar starting price as the XTS, and reviewers are thrilled with its responsive handling and engaging driving experience. Like the XTS, the CTS earns praise for its quiet, luxurious interior, and it is available with the same engines as the XTS.
With either its base engine and front-wheel drive or its optional supercharged V6 and all-wheel drive, the Audi A6 gets better fuel economy than a comparable XTS. Reviewers like the A6's composed handling and attractive cabin.
Details: 2015 Cadillac XTS
The 2015 Cadillac XTS has a standard 3.6-liter V6 engine and front-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive is optional. The Vsport model has a twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6 and standard all-wheel drive. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. There are four trim levels: Standard, Luxury, Premium and Platinum, though the Vsport model is only available in Premium and Platinum trims. The XTS debuted for the 2013 model year and sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Cadillac XTS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac XTS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac XTS
- Search used Cadillac XTS for sale (1,074 listings)
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings