Cadillac XTS Interior
The 2015 Cadillac XTS has first-rate interior materials and is very quiet, reviewers say. They note that it has comfortable front seats and ample rear-seat space, and the XTS offers lots of trunk space for the class. Test drivers complain that the infotainment system is hard to master and they dislike that you have to take your eyes off the road to best use the touch-sensitive climate controls.
- "The XTS' cabin is so isolated from outside noise we weren't even sure the engine was running until we checked the tachometer, which assured us it was." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The dashboard features a clean and modern look, while the materials are on par with the best the segment has to offer." -- Left Lane News
- "The cabin is quiet and posh with an ultra-modern digital cluster. Our tester was handsomely decked out in black and cream and set off by light pipes, which cast a soft glow in the evenings on the doors and dash." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
Cadillac XTS Pictures
The Cadillac XTS seats five and comes with leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats. Seating options include heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel and a power rear sunshade. According to auto journalists, the front seats are very comfortable but don't offer adequate side support for aggressively attacking curves. The rear seats receive unanimous praise for their abundance of space.
- "Rear seat passengers get about four inches more legroom than in most other four-doors in this price bracket, while trunk space checks in at a commodious 18 cubic feet." -- Left Lane News
- "The Cadillac XTS gives you the kind of passenger volume you expect from a nearly 17-foot-long luxury sedan. Rear riders in particular will appreciate their ample accommodations." -- Edmunds
- "Comfortable, leather-trimmed seats are standard, and top-line models also get leather-wrapped interior panels." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The seats are clearly not designed for hard cornering, and as such, they can't keep up with the chassis. …" -- Motor Trend (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 XTS include Cadillac's CUE infotainment system with Bluetooth and a USB port, an eight-speaker Bose audio system, proximity key, OnStar with 4G LTE and an integrated Wi-Fi hot spot, rear parking sensors and dual-zone automatic climate control. Optional features include a rearview camera, front parking sensors, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof and a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system.
Many test drivers express frustration operating the CUE system and the touch-sensitive climate control buttons. They say that CUE takes quite a while to learn and note that it is difficult to adjust the climate system without taking your eyes off the road.
- "But not all is perfect inside the XTS. While the standard 8-inch touch-screen center controller is visually appealing and offers haptic feedback (in which the screen feels like it's touching you back), the standard CUE system is unintuitive. It requires a steep learning curve to operate what should be simple functions like audio and climate settings." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There are also auxiliary touch-sensitive buttons beneath the touchscreen, and these, too, are a mixed bag. These buttons help control the stereo and climate systems, and they can be a challenge to use if you're trying to drive at the same time. For efficient operation, you may need to look down at the panel for a bit to see what you're pressing, which of course requires you to take your eyes off the road." -- Edmunds
- "… and the CUE system, while remaining frustrating and not incredibly intuitive to use, still offers a whole raft of technology and functionality right at your fingertips." -- Autoblog (2014)
The 2015 XTS has 18 cubic feet of trunk space, which is good for the class. Test drivers are impressed with the size of the trunk and report that it can carry lots of cargo, though some point out that it is narrow, which could make it tricky to haul wide items. They report that there are a number of storage areas for smaller items throughout the cabin.
- "The 3-passenger rear seat offers good legroom, and a massive, 18-cubic-foot trunk can swallow five or more suitcases." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With 18 cubic feet of capacity, the XTS's trunk is one of the biggest on the market, but it's unusually narrow, so long items like golf bags will likely need to be creatively positioned." -- Edmunds
- "There are a few clever storage cubbies including a compartment to the left of the steering wheel that's perfect for a cellphone and wallet." -- Mother Proof (2013)
Next Steps: Cadillac XTS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Cadillac XTS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Cadillac XTS
- Search used Cadillac XTS for sale (1,074 listings)
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings