2009 Chevrolet Avalanche Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
The 2009 Avalanche's cabin is nice, but not as nice as others in the class, particularly Cadillac Escalade EXT. However, reviewers are pleased with the build-quality, layout and materials of the Avalanche's cabin, and say it's a comfortable place to be. the
- "[The interior] is crafted from higher-quality materials, with redesigned seats that offer greater comfort, and an instrument panel that is positioned lower for easier visibility." -- Forbes
- "[The interior has] high-quality materials, fine fit and finish, and logical control layouts." -- Edmunds
Chevrolet Avalanche Pictures
The base Avalanche can seat up to six passengers, though optional front bucket seats drop the count to five. With the midgate lowered and the cargo bed extended into the cabin, the Avalanche seats two or three passengers in the front seats only. Reviewers have few complaints about the front bucket seats, but the 60/40-split folding rear bench gets less positive reviews.
- "Four or five full-grown adults can enjoy reasonable comfort with generous leg- and headroom." -- Forbes
- "[The front bucket seats are] spacious and soft, with a wide padded center armrest offered for additional support." -- Autobytel
- "There's ample room in back for two adults -- three for a short trip." -- Cars.com
- "The center position is a bit hard." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In the back seat, three adults have decent space." -- MSN
Most reviewers are pleased with the features on even the base model Avalanche. Standard features include power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, a single CD/MP3 player, a power driver's seat and cruise control. The control and dash layout on all of the trims impresses reviewers.
- "All Avalanches come well-equipped." -- Cars.com
Cargo capacity is one of the Avalanche's strong suits. In addition to its versatile cargo bed and folding/removable midgate, the truck offers cargo space inside through a 60/40-split folding rear bench seat. Reviewers are also pleased with the interior storage space for small items.
- "I couldn't help feeling like I had one clever truck, because I kept finding nifty storage spots in the Avalanche." -- MSN