Chevrolet Avalanche Interior
The 2009 Avalanche's cabin is nice, but not as nice as others in the class, particularly Cadillac Escalade EXT. However, reviewers are pleased with the build-quality, layout and materials of the Avalanche's cabin, and say it's a comfortable place to be. the
- The interior "is crafted from higher-quality materials, with redesigned seats that offer greater comfort, and an instrument panel that is positioned lower for easier visibility." --Forbes
- The interior has"high-quality materials, fine fit and finish, and logical control layouts." -- Edmunds
- "It is unusual to find a truck with such a quiet cabin, something we all noticed with pleasure." -- The Detroit News
The base Avalanche can seat up to six passengers, though optional front bucket seats drop the count to five. With the midgate lowered and the cargo bed extended into the cabin, the Avalanche seats two or three passengers in the front seats only. Reviewers have few complaints about the front bucket seats, but the 60/40-split folding rear bench gets less positive reviews.
- "Four or five full-grown adults can enjoy reasonable comfort with generous leg- and headroom." -- Forbes
- The front bucket seats are "spacious and soft, with a wide padded center armrest offered for additional support." -- Autobytel
- "There's ample room in back for two adults -- three for a short trip." -- Cars.com
- "The center position is a bit hard." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In the back seat, three adults have decent space." -- MSN
Most reviewers are pleased with the features on even the base model Avalanche. Standard features include power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, a single CD/MP3 player, a power driver's seat and cruise control. The control and dash layout on all of the trims impresses reviewers.
- "All Avalanches come well-equipped." -- Cars.com
- "Everything is easy to see and use and is laid out logically. The gauges are simple and attractive, and the radio is easy to figure out." -- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Cargo capacity is one of the Avalanche's strong suits. In addition to its versatile cargo bed and folding/removable midgate, the truck offers cargo space inside through a 60/40-split folding rear bench seat. An especially unique feature is the ability of the rear doors to open a full 90 degrees, making it easy to enter in or load cargo. Reviewers are also pleased with the interior storage space for small items.
- "The rear doors open 90 degrees, but unless opened gently they will rebound and whack anyone trying to stow gear in the rear seats." -- The Boston Globe
- "You can mix and match the Avalanche's rear seat and cargo areas to suit your needs." -- the Orlando Sentinel
- "I couldn't help feeling like I had one clever truck, because I kept finding nifty storage spots in the Avalanche." -- MSN
Next Steps: Chevrolet Avalanche
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet Avalanche for sale (3,520 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet Avalanche
- View Chevrolet Avalanche Photos
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings