Chevrolet Camaro Review
The 2015 Chevrolet Camaro ranks 6 out of 11 Affordable Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Camaro, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Chevrolet Camaro delivers strong acceleration and sharp all-around performance, but has a bargain-basement interior that is hard to see out of, reviewers say.
According to critics, the base 2015 Camaro's V6 engine has ample power and delivers strong acceleration. They add that the V8-powered models, such as the Camaro SS, are even more fun to drive. Some are impressed with how easy it is to live with the high-performance Camaro ZL1 on a daily basis, but they add that the track-focused Z/28 is not as comfortable as a daily driver. A six-speed manual transmission is standard and a six-speed automatic is optional on all but the Z/28. A V6-powered 2015 Camaro gets an EPA-estimated 19/30 mpg city/highway, which is on par with what rivals get. Although a few reviewers mention that the Camaro's heavy weight limits its handling prowess, most say the 2015 Camaro has nimble handling and lots of cornering grip.
Critics write that the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro's cabin is built with hard, cheap materials and is very hard to see out of. While reviewers say the front seats are comfortable, they add that there isn't a lot of headroom for taller folks. Several add that the Camaro's back seats are incredibly cramped, even for this class of car, and they say that its trunk is small and has a tiny opening, which makes it hard to load cargo. Bluetooth and satellite radio are standard on the 2015 Camaro. Options include a nine-speaker Boston Acoustics stereo system, a USB port, navigation, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors and Chevy's MyLink infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen. While some reviewers note that MyLink is pretty easy to use, others complain that the system is slow to respond to commands.
- "For tire-burning power and Hollywood looks, it doesn't get much better than the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro. But the Camaro's star power dims when the car is compared with this year's updated Challenger and all-new Mustang." -- Edmunds
- "For those interested in big off-the-line acceleration and burnout potential combined with sharp handling skills and respectable fuel economy, the 2015 Camaro delivers it all. It almost sounds too good to be true. Sure, the Camaro has its shortfalls, but overall, it's a dream car for enthusiasts young and old." -- AutoTrader
- "Good looks and firm handshake will only take a car so far. If refinement, agile handling and a modern interior filled with quality bits are paramount, something from Porsche, BMW or Audi make a better choice. Musclecar fans needing a usable back seat should look to the Dodge Challenger." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other Cars to Consider
After being refreshed for 2015, test drivers say the Dodge Challenger has a comfortable cabin that is built with first-class materials. Reviewers note that the Challenger has a generous amount of trunk space for the class, and say its back seat has ample room for adults.
The Ford Mustang is completely redesigned for 2015, and with its available turbocharged four-cylinder engine, it gets better fuel economy than the base Camaro. Unlike the Camaro, the Mustang comes standard with a rearview camera, and it has a bit more trunk space.
Details: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro
The 2015 Chevrolet Camaro seats four and comes as either a coupe or convertible. The base Camaro has a 3.6-liter V6, either a manual or automatic transmission and is available in four trim levels. The Camaro SS has a 6.2-liter V8 and either a manual or automatic transmission, and is available in two trim levels. The high-performance Camaro ZL1 has a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 and choice of manual or automatic transmissions, and the track-oriented Camaro Z/28 has a 7.0-liter V8 and is only available with the six-speed manual. The Camaro carries over into 2015 largely unchanged. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2015 and prior model years.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Camaro
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Camaro
- Search used Chevrolet Camaro for sale (10,840 listings)
- See Affordable Sports Cars rankings