Chevrolet Colorado Interior
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado's cabin is attractive and constructed with high-quality materials that are soft to the touch. They comment on how quiet the cabin is at speed, and several mention that the look and feel of the interior easily surpasses that of the Colorado's closest rivals, the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma. Reviewers write that the Colorado crew cab's rear seats are spacious for adults.
- "The interior is vastly upgraded, offering an impressive array of high-end new materials and an excellent combination of textures and soft-touch surfaces. We never thought that we'd say this about a pickup -- especially a midsize model, considering the utilitarian cabins of rivals such as the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma -- but we genuinely enjoy spending time in the Colorado's driver's seat." -- AutoTrader
- "Throughout, the look and feel of the materials in the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado have been brought up a couple of pegs. More than anything, the upgraded interior of the new Colorado makes the Tacoma and Frontier feel long in the tooth." -- Edmunds
- "The Canyon inherited the best parts of the Silverado interior, and offers up a proper cabin as a result." -- Road and Track
- "The cabins--a choice of extended cab or crew cab--use materials that are far better than those of the previous Colorado/Canyon and are arguably best in class. This is the quietest interior of any truck in the segment--by far--thanks in part to triple-sealed doors." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "That the new truck's interior is a better place to spend time than the confines of the ancient Nissan and Toyota midsizers goes without saying, but the truth is that it offers comfortable seats, quite a lot of available technology (including 4G LTE wifi), and nice touch points." -- Autoblog
Chevrolet Colorado Pictures
Extended cab Chevrolet Colorado models seat up to four and crew cabs seat five. Vinyl upholstery and a power-adjustable driver seat are standard. Cloth or leather seats, a power-adjustable passenger seat and heated front seats are available. Auto journalists say that the front seats offer ample legroom and headroom for tall occupants. They remark that the rear seats of extended cab models are pretty cramped, but agree that the crew cab's rear seats are comfortable and have abundant legroom.
- "There's plenty of room for stout American body shapes to get comfortable inside, including 41.4 inches of headroom and 45.0 inches of legroom in the front seats; combined with the adjustable steering column, even six-and-a-half-footers will have no problem finding a comfortable driving position." -- Car and Driver
- "The crew cab is one-inch longer than the comparable Tacoma, but offers an extra three inches of legroom front and rear, along with abundant headroom. The cabin's comfortable, not cramped." -- Road and Track
- "With three inches of additional legroom versus the competition, along with flexible seating that allows for flip-up and fold-flat rear seats, the crew cab models offer realistic and comfortable space for four adults." -- Forbes
- "Interior space is great and doesn't by any means feel cramped. That is, of course, unless you're a fullsize adult attempting to sit in the back of the extended cab, then things get a bit tight." -- Truck Trend
The 2015 Colorado comes standard with a USB port and a rearview camera. Available features include Bluetooth, a seven-speaker Bose audio system, Chevy's MyLink infotainment system with either a 4.2-inch display screen or an 8-inch touch screen, navigation, OnStar with 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hot spot, forward collision alert and lane departure warning.
Test drivers report that the MyLink’s 8-inch touch screen has a sharp display, and that the gauges are easy to read. They add that models fitted with navigation don't interfere with the ability to use the other controls easily, though some reviewers say that accessing some audio settings can require multiple adjustments.
- "With a big, clear infotainment screen, a nice leather-wrapped steering wheel on the Z71, and comfortable seats, the truck isn't a penalty box. It makes the other trucks in this segment look laughable by comparison." -- Road and Track
- "Easy-to-read gauges adorn the instrument panel, and the 8-inch MyLink touchscreen and its attendant controls fit well in the middle of the dash. The available $495 navigation upgrade utilizes the same screen and doesn't compromise usability one bit. The climate controls occupy a nicely arranged pod of their own just below, and the amply sized air vents they control are well positioned to spray cool air all around the enlarged cabin." -- Edmunds
- "The audio system is mounted high within easy reach; volume and tuning are by separate knobs, with band and station selection done through the screen. Like many such systems, some operations that used to be ‘one touch’ simple now require multiple steps." -- Consumer Guide
Colorado extended cab models come with a 6-foot-2-inch bed, and crew cab models are available with either a 6-foot-2-inch bed or a 5-foot-2-inch bed. A locking tailgate is standard. Reviewers note that the 2015 Colorado's tailgate is long enough that 8-foot boards don't hang beyond the length of the tailgate when it is lowered.
- "The bed of the Colorado is distinctive in that it looks so tall, and indeed GM says the cargo box is 2 inches deeper than the competition. It looks every bit of that, but the real advantage may be that a taller bed equals a longer tailgate. And so 8-foot lumber doesn't overhang the folded-down tailgate of the 6-foot-2-inch box. Dirt bikes look more at home back there, too." -- Edmunds
- "Chevy also boasts of features like 13 adjustable tie-down locations, GM's popular CornerStep rear bumper and a soft-open feature for the tailgate, seen below, to make the cargo space as civilized as possible." -- Autoblog
Research Prices: 2015 Chevrolet Colorado
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Chevrolet Colorado and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Chevrolet Colorado
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado
- Search used Chevrolet Colorado for sale (2,636 listings)
- See Compact Pickup Trucks rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals