Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Review
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ranks 1 out of 10 Luxury Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, as well as reliability and safety data.
All-new from the wheels up, the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray dazzles critics with topflight performance and a premium interior that’s filled with high-tech features.
The redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray comes with a V8 engine, which reviewers agree provides an exhilarating amount of power. However, a few test drivers note that the engine has a rough idle, which makes it seem a bit less refined than the engines found in imported sports cars. A seven-speed manual transmission with rev matching is standard and a six-speed automatic transmission is optional. Critics agree that the manual transmission is easy to shift, and they love the rev-matching feature, which automatically revs the engine during gear changes for smoother downshifts. The 2014 Corvette Stingray gets up to 17/29 mpg city/highway, which is very good for a V8-powered luxury sports car. The Corvette Stingray wins points for its responsive steering, nimble handling and exceptionally strong brakes, which critics say make it one of the most capable performers in the class. Some note that a fairly comfortable ride means that the Corvette Stingray is just as comfortable on the open road as it is on the track.
While critics disliked the outgoing Corvette’s dated cabin, they agree that the 2014 Corvette Stingray excels on the inside with a fresh design and premium materials. The Corvette Stingray offers an impressive amount of cargo space for the class, and most auto writers agree that its seats are comfortable and supportive. Still, a few test drivers say that rearward visibility could be better from the driver’s seat. Reviewers write that the Corvette Stingray features straightforward interior controls, and many appreciate the customizable display in the gauge cluster, which can display a wide range of vehicle information. The redesigned Corvette comes standard with keyless access, push-button start, a backup camera, a nine-speaker Bose audio system, satellite radio, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, USB ports and Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display. Available features include a 10-speaker Bose audio system, navigation, a head-up display and remote start.
- "But the kicker is the bottom line: At just $51,995 to start, the 2014 Corvette is simply the best high-performance value on the planet. You can certainly pay a lot more for rival sports cars, but it's hard to imagine wanting more than what this revolutionary C7 'Vette provides." -- AutoTrader
- "Considering the performance strides, the splendid interior, the Stingray's screaming value, and its fun-to-drive vibe, here's our Corvette report card: A+ for effort, straight As for execution." -- Car and Driver
- "The shortcomings of the old car have all been fixed. Whereas the old Corvette offset its limitations with performance and an attractive price, the new Stingray requires no such compensations. If there's anything missing in this car, it's the feeling of compromise." -- Popular Mechanics
- "If you're checking the scorecard, that's modern looks, killer performance, up-to-snuff interior, everyday usability, excellent fuel economy and peerless value all squarely in this Chevrolet's win column." -- Autoblog
- "Still dripping with charm, the reborn Corvette Stingray should have everything it takes to compete with the world's best. And, more than ever, it isn't just desirable because it's so much less expensive. It's a genuinely world-class sports car." -- Left Lane News
Other Sports Cars to Consider
The Jaguar F-Type is available with a range of supercharged V6 and V8 engines, and reviewers agree that even the base F-Type offers plenty of power. Additionally, the F-Type pleases critics with its athletic handling and user-friendly tech features.
The Porsche Boxster starts at roughly the same price as the Corvette Stingray, and test drivers note that a responsive engine and nimble handling make it one of the most fun-to-drive cars in the class. Auto writers also note that the Boxster has an attractive cabin that features comfortable and supportive seats.
Details: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray seats two and comes in coupe and convertible body styles. A 6.2-liter V8 engine and a seven-speed manual transmission are standard, and a six-speed automatic transmission is optional. The Corvette Stingray comes in 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims. A Z51 package is available on all trims. The Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has been fully redesigned for the 2014 model year.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- View the best prices for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings