Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Review
The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ranks 2 out of 11 Luxury Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, as well as reliability and safety data.
Whether you choose the standard Stingray or the high-performance Z06, test drivers are blown away by the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette's incredible acceleration, agile handling and ride comfort.
The 2015 Corvette Stingray has a 6.2-liter V8, and test drivers say it has ample power. The new-for-2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has a supercharged V8, and test drivers write that it is incredibly fast and powerful. A seven-speed manual transmission is standard and an eight-speed automatic, which is new for 2015, is optional on both the Stingray and Z06. Critics are pleased with the new automatic, writing that it fires off very quick shifts. A base 2015 Corvette with the manual transmission gets an EPA-estimated 17/29 mpg city/highway, which is very good for a V8-powered sports car. Test drivers write that the Corvette has incredibly athletic handling and also rides comfortably.
According to auto journalists, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette has a handsome, driver-oriented cabin design and plenty of soft-touch materials throughout. They find the standard leather bucket seats very comfortable and supportive, and they think the optional Competition Sport bucket seats provide even more side support to keep you in place through fast corners. Both the coupe and convertible models have a good amount of cargo space for a sports car. The 2015 Corvette comes standard with a nine-speaker Bose audio system, a rearview camera, satellite radio and Chevy's MyLink infotainment system. Major options include a 10-speaker Bose audio system, a head-up display, navigation and a Performance Data Recorder, which you can use to record driving videos and collect performance data. Most test drivers agree that the MyLink system is easy to use, though a few critics find that it can be slow to respond to some inputs.
- "Luckily, I just spent a day with the 2015 Corvette, and I'm here to tell you that it's irresistible. You know all that stuff you've been hearing about the Corvette for decades? How it's an 'incredible performance bargain' and so forth? Well, it's finally true. The C7 Corvette is indeed a top-tier sports car at a fraction of the going rate. My fellow Americans, here at long last is a modern Corvette to be proud of." -- AutoTrader
- "With its vastly improved automatic transmission and reinvented, ridiculously fast Z06 variant, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette bolsters its credentials as the world's best performance-car bargain." -- Edmunds
- "With exterior and interior styling that's as striking as it is uniquely American, and an incredibly powerful standard V8, the Corvette is nearly untouchable." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Also offered as a convertible, it continues to offer the ingredients that have made Corvettes successful and beloved for decades - namely, prodigious V8 power and superb value - while addressing the shortcomings of its predecessors with a newly upscale interior and an increased level of overall refinement." -- Left Lane News
Other Cars to Consider
The Porsche Boxster starts at roughly the same price as the Corvette Stingray, and test drivers note that it is very fun to drive, thanks to its responsive engine and nimble handling. Reviewers also comment that the Boxster has an attractive cabin and comfortable, supportive seats.
The Jaguar F-Type is available in coupe and convertible body styles and with a range of powerful supercharged V6 and V8 engines. Reviewers agree that no matter the engine, the F-Type is incredibly fast and has agile handling and intuitive tech features.
Details: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette
The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette seats two and has rear-wheel drive. The Corvette Stingray has a 6.2-liter V8 engine and the new-for-2015 Corvette Z06 has a supercharged 6.2-liter V8. A seven-speed manual transmission is standard on both the Stingray and Z06 and an eight-speed automatic is available on both as well. Both models are available in coupe (with removable roof panel) and convertible body styles. The Stingray comes in 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims and the Z06 comes in 1LZ, 2LZ and 3LZ trims. The Z06 is new for 2015, but the current generation Corvette debuted in the 2014 model year. Since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings