Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Interior
While the 2013 Corvette disappointed reviewers with an outdated design and unimpressive cabin materials, critics agree that the redesigned 2014 Corvette Stingray offers a stunning cabin that’s built with premium materials. The Corvette Stingray also wins points for its supportive seats, large cargo hold and high-tech standard features.
- "Soft-touch trim surrounds the cabin, the seats are now sturdy and supportive, and the digital instrument cluster is as crisp as an Apple Retina display." -- Popular Mechanics
- "The quality of the materials is higher now, with a greater use of soft-touch materials and more prominent display of leather stitching." -- Edmunds
- "Easy on both the eyes and the body, the Corvette Stingray's interior is a premium space upholstered in leather and trimmed in aluminum and carbon fiber. The magnesium seats are a real treat to be engulfed by and to behold, as is the 8-inch color screen on the center dash. Details, for a long time not a specialty of Corvette interiors, are now a point of legitimate pride, including two power USB ports in the center console and more good cargo space under the coupe's rear hatch than you'll find in a BMW 7 Series." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Deeply canted toward the driver, the dashboard is logically-arrayed and clad in mostly upmarket materials. Even base 'Vettes have virtually every surface covered in a stitched leather-like material. One note: we recommend the optional carbon fiber interior trim, which dresses up what is otherwise ordinary plastic around the center stack." -- Left Lane News
The redesigned Corvette Stingray seats two and comes standard with leather-trimmed seats. Seating options include heated and ventilated seats and sport seats. Reviewers generally say that the 2014 Corvette’s standard seats are comfortable and supportive, and a few compare them to the Porsche 911 Carrera’s seats, noting that they’re firmly padded and have supportive side bolsters. Some critics say that the Corvette’s seats will be comfortable for larger occupants and long drives, but a few say that taller drivers may need more legroom and that rearward visibility isn’t as good as they would like.
- "Compared with the old car's flabby, lazy-river chaises, even these standard seats are like Le Mans prototype racing shells." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The base touring buckets are comparable to those in Corvette competitors such as Porsche's 911 Carrera, with firm padding, a low driving position and yes, at last, comfortable and functional side bolstering." -- AutoWeek
- "Taller folks may wish for more legroom, but regardless of size, both the driver and - more so - the passenger will find that the wide center console limits side-to-side knee room. Visibility is okay to the front and sides, but anything back much past your shoulders gets at least partially hidden by seat headrests, roof pillars, or the tall tail." -- Consumer Guide
- "Also improved are the seats, which are more supportive for aggressive driving. Chevy is even offering optional performance seats this time around, which offer even more bolstering." -- Edmunds
- "Framed in magnesium and equipped with eight-way power adjustability, they're worlds more supportive than the outgoing lumps. They're not yet perfect - we'd prefer a bit more lateral support from the bottom squab - but they're still very good, and they're permissive of both more indulgent waistlines and drives." -- Autoblog
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray comes standard with a removable roof panel (coupe), an 8-inch color LCD configurable gauge cluster, dual-zone automatic climate control, keyless access, push-button start, a backup camera, a nine-speaker Bose audio system, satellite radio, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, USB ports and Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display. Available features include a 10-speaker Bose audio system, navigation, a head-up display and remote start.
Test drivers appreciate the Corvette’s tech-laden cabin, which includes a customizable gauge cluster and an infotainment system as standard equipment. They note that the redesigned Corvette Stingray features user-friendly controls, and they appreciate that the instrument cluster can display a wide variety of vehicle information, thanks to its configurable 8-inch display screen.
- "The eight-inch high-res display in front of the driver is particularly entertaining, as it can morph into several different presentations. …" -- Automobile Magazine
- "Materials quality is finally worthy of a premium sports car, as are the supportive new seats, while the standard dual 8-inch color displays make the dashboard a veritable festival of modern technology. Aside from some overwrought graphics in the multi-mode LCD gauge cluster, it's hard to fault anything Chevy has done on this front." -- AutoTrader
- "An instrument cluster to make Nintendo jealous, an eight-inch central touch screen, and a sensible mix of control knobs and buttons reside on the action side of a vertical partition." -- Car and Driver
- "The gauge cluster is dominated by an eight-inch screen flanked by analog speedometer, oil temperature and gas gauges. That reconfigurable display is crisp and legible even with polarized sunglasses on." -- Autoblog
The 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe has a hatchback and 15 cubic feet of cargo space, which is significantly more space than what many luxury sports cars offer. The Corvette Stingray convertible’s trunk offers 10 cubic feet, which is also an impressive amount of cargo space for a convertible in this class. Reviewers appreciate that the redesigned Corvette Stingray coupe has plenty of space for shopping bags, suitcases and golf clubs. However, they note that competitors with trunks do a better job of keeping cargo out of sight.
- "Another bonus is the 15-cubic-foot cargo area that offers enough space for luggage, groceries or golf clubs, although it's not as easy to hide or secure those items as it is in rival sports cars with true trunks." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- View the best prices for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings