2010 Chevrolet Corvette Review
The 2010 Chevrolet Corvette makes a great choice for anyone in the market for a sports car. It combines the quick and sporty nature of high-priced exotics with the practicality and affordability of a daily driver. Not surprisingly, the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette is named a Consumer Guide "Best Buy."
Since its introduction in 1953, the Chevrolet Corvette has combined sexy styling with high-end performance that still rivals the meanest of sports cars. "[T]he Corvette really is what General Motors does best," writes Popular Mechanics. "No matter what the financial condition of the company, this is an amazing machine that delivers spectacular performance without throwing aside all considerations of economy."
Auto writers consistently praise the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette for its comfortable seats, large cargo hold (in the coupe) and great fuel economy. However, it isn't perfect. Critics point out that the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette's competitors offer more refined interior accommodations. Also, its low-slung exterior design makes entering and exiting the cabin a challenge. Still, these complaints are overshadowed by the Chevrolet Corvette's awesome performance abilities.
Other Sports Cars to Consider
If you're in the market for a luxury sports car, also consider the similarly-priced Porsche Boxster and Cayman -- which have no issues keeping pace with the much-loved Corvette and even trump it in terms of interior luxury. Their lack of cargo room, however, make them a bit less practical.
If, however, your primary concern is running laps at the track, check out the 2010 Lotus Exige. It produces 212-horsepower less than the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette, but blasts from 0 to 60 mph in a mere 4.1 seconds. Still, keep in mind that it runs roughly $16K more.
Details: 2010 Chevrolet Corvette
Though largely a carryover from the 2009 model year, the Corvette receives an all-new Grand Sport trim -- which features enhanced performance engineering and Z06-styling. The Corvette is available in two body styles, coupe and convertible, and a variety of trims. High-performance Z06 and ZR1 models are also available.
Be sure to check for current Chevrolet deals that may be available on a 2010 Chevrolet Corvette.
- "The Corvette is fast fun. These are reasonably practical sports cars that cost thousands less than rivals with similar performance, making them great choices." -- Consumer Guide
- "[T]he 2010 Chevrolet Corvette is undeniably a lot of car for the money, and its honking V8 will bring a smile to its owner's face at every push of the engine start button." -- Edmunds
- "Maybe 26 mpg isn't fuel efficient to Vespa jockeys, but for a car with the Vette's speed and fun potential, it's untouchable." -- Car and Driver
- "The Corvette is facing an increasing number of alluring rivals, but it undercuts them on price and practicality -- and remains America's dream machine." -- Chicago Sun-Times
Next Steps: Chevrolet Corvette
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet Corvette for sale (3,594 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet Corvette
- View Chevrolet Corvette Photos
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings