Chevrolet Corvette Interior
The Corvette's interior fit and finish falls behind rivals, but most critics say it's good for the price. What's more, the Corvette provides lots of useable trunk room, especially the coupe.
- "The interior is a mix of grained plastic and nicely textured leather. The overall ambiance is more sporty than upscale." -- Consumer Guide
- "Chevrolet has improved the current-generation Corvette's fit and finish since its debut, but overall interior quality still leaves something to be desired. Step out of an M3 or Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG and into a 'Vette and you'll likely notice disappointing trim pieces and controls." -- Edmunds
Most reviewers find the Corvette's two-seat cabin difficult to access. It’s very low to the ground, so getting in and out can be a chore. Once inside, most like its supportive, comfortable seats. However, some critics still take issue with their lack of cushioning.
- "Headroom and legroom are adequate, and the seats are comfortable. The cockpit is wider than in most sports cars. ... Entry and exit are drop in/climb out, and Corvette's long doors don't make things any easier." -- Consumer Guide
- "This Grand Sport's low-rent interior was another sore spot, particularly the lumpy, unsupportive seats that felt as if they were padded with loaves of bread. … The seats are a disgrace in a car of this caliber, and their continued use after years of criticism makes us wonder if GM is being blackmailed into keeping the supply contract alive." -- Car and Driver
- "It's not easy to enter or leave any version of this low-slung 2-seater without some contortions, and long, heavy doors aren't suited to tight parking spots." -- MSN
- "Given their size and low stance, the newer models are plenty easy to get in and out of, and as always, once you are in there, these are very comfortable cars." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "It's fairly easy to slide in and out, although long doors are a handicap in tight parking situations." -- Chicago Sun-Times
Critics are satisfied with the Corvette's straightforward cabin features -- even when they tested the base model. However, several complain about materials that don’t measure up to the competition.
- "Options add up quickly, as they did on the test car, but the basic goodness is there for the entry-level sticker, and adding features did not necessarily add to my enjoyment and appreciation of the car." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "While some of those extras are desirable to some folks, they're not really necessary unless you've got extra money to throw around because even the base Corvette hatchback coupe and convertible are well-equipped..." -- MSN
- "Clear gauges with mostly logical controls. Corvette's available head-up display shows vehicle and engine speeds. It can also be configured to show handling information, including lateral acceleration. The display can be switched off, but, on the whole, it is useful. The available navigation system absorbs, but doesn't complicate, audio functions. Its responsive voice-recognition feature further simplifies things." -- Consumer Guide
The 2011 Corvette coupe provides an impressive 22.4 cubic feet of cargo space -- which is more than any other rival in the class of Luxury Sports Cars. The convertible, however, only provides 11 cubic feet. Overall, reviewers are satisfied with the Corvette’s large cargo hold, and -- on balance -- find that it enhances the vehicle's practicality.
- "Both body styles have sufficient space for two golf bags, but liftover is high, and coupes lack a partition between cargo hold and cabin. Note that the convertible has small storage cubbies located behind the rear seats. Cockpit storage is otherwise minuscule." -- Consumer Guide
- "There's quite a bit of luggage room beneath the rear hatch, and several little cubbyholes up front for change and cell phones, aside from the glove compartment and center console." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "Trunk room is pretty good, but getting objects in or out of the high cargo opening can be a strain." -- MSN
Next Steps: Chevrolet Corvette
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet Corvette for sale (3,594 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet Corvette
- View Chevrolet Corvette Photos
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings