2013 Chevrolet Corvette Interior
This interior review was written when the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette was new.
The interior is the most disappointing aspect of the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette for most reviewers. Most say that the cabin looks and feels dated, and others complain that the interior on the most expensive ZR1 model is too similar to the base model. Still, one reviewer likes the interior look and feel of a Grand Sport model he tested. Upper trims and models offer a leather-wrapped interior package, which adds a leather-covered dash and other trim bits.
- "The Corvette's cabin might be getting woefully dated, but our car's diamond-blue leather upholstery helped this C6's cabin look about as good as we've ever seen it." -- Autoblog (Grand Sport Coupe)
- "The Corvette's interior is certainly functional, and Chevrolet has been offering upgraded interior appointments for a few years now, yet the overall interior quality still leaves a lot to be desired." -- Edmunds
- "The overall ambiance is more sporty than upscale. ZR1 has some unique interior trim, but, disappointingly, it's little different than base or Z06 models." -- Consumer Guide
- "It's not a horrible interior, but it does speak to the Corvette's Chevrolet roots." -- Kelley Blue Book
Last year, the Corvette received new seats with additional side bolstering to keep occupants in place during hard cornering. Reviewers say the seats offer good support and are comfortable for the long haul. One reviewer mentions that outward visibility is poor due to the thick roof pillars. Power-adjustable leather seats are standard, while heated seats, microfiber suede seat inserts and memory recall seats are optional.
- "The newly designed front seats add additional side support and remain fairly comfortable even on long drives." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The front seats and their bolsters were enhanced last year, so they may finally lose their standing as the worst seats found in a sports car." -- Edmunds
- "Thick roof pillars hamper visibility to all corners. Several test coupes had annoying distortions from the rear window." -- Consumer Guide
The Chevrolet Corvette doesn’t come with that much in the way of standard features, but many features are optional. A seven-speaker stereo with satellite radio and an auxiliary input jack is standard, as is dual-zone climate control. Notable optional features include navigation, a nine-speaker Bose stereo, Bluetooth and a head-up display.
Most critics offer lackluster reviews of the cabin controls. They note that the gauges are clear and legible, but also that the optional navigation adds some complication to operating the audio system.
- "The instrument panel features clear gauges with mostly logical controls. … The available navigation system absorbs and complicates audio functions. Voice recognition helps somewhat, but the user interface is still quite fussy." -- Consumer Guide
- "A handsome Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package (part of the 4LT Package) is well worth the extra cost, adding a dash of elegance to Chevrolet's road warrior." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "And really, DVD-based navigation? At least pull a newer unit out of one of your other models." -- Motor Trend (2012)
The 2013 Corvette coupe has 22.4 cubic feet of cargo space in its rear hatch, which is more cargo than many other sports cars can carry. At 11 cubic feet, the convertible can carry less cargo, but still is competitive with even the most spacious convertibles on the market. One reviewer comments that the Corvette doesn’t offer much in the way of cabin storage for smaller items.
- "Both body styles have sufficient space for two golf bags, but liftover is high, and coupes lack a partition between cargo hold and cabin. Note that the convertible has small storage cubbies located behind the rear seats. Cockpit storage is otherwise minuscule." -- Consumer Guide
- "On the bright side, the Vette's large gauges and remarkable cargo capacity (22 cubic feet in coupes and 11 cubes in the convertible) make it a sports car that's easy to live with on a day-to-day basis." -- Edmunds