Chevrolet Cruze Interior
The automotive press agrees that the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze’s cabin is built with high-end materials and has a stylish design. The majority of reviewers thinks the Cruze has a roomy interior and trunk for the class. They also note that the Cruze’s infotainment system and audio and climate controls are easy to use.
- "The interiors of compact cars often show obvious signs of cost-cutting, but the Cruze's cabin has a classy two-tone color scheme and looks more upscale than many of its competitors." -- Edmunds
- "Most plastics are very lightly padded or hard to the touch, but they are attractive. Cruze's interior is more aesthetically pleasing than that of most competitors." -- Consumer Guide
- "Material quality is impressive.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In short, the inside had a very appealing feel to it, well above the price structure." -- MarketWatch (2011)
The 2014 Cruze seats five on standard cloth seats. Leather-appointed seats, heated front seats and a six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat are available.
Test drivers note that the Chevrolet Cruze has a very quiet interior for a compact car. Most reviewers are impressed with the amount of space in the Cruze’s cabin, though some say the front seats are not wide enough for their tastes and that the back seat isn’t as roomy as some of the rear seats in rival cars.
- "The Cruze is commendable when it comes to seat comfort. Front legroom is excellent, while the rear bench seat is comfortable for two adults, provided the front seats are not fully extended." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Some drivers might find the Cruze's front seats a bit narrow, but they're supportive and comfortable, and they offer plenty of adjustment. A low bottom cushion for the backseat diminishes comfort for longer-limbed riders, as it doesn't give enough thigh support. The Cruze's rear seat legroom is only average for the segment; you'll find more space in the Civic and Jetta." -- Edmunds
- "Cruze's wide-for-the-class body is really evident with excellent shoulder room and an airy, expansive atmosphere. Six-footers have plenty of headroom, even with the optional sunroof. Generous fore and aft seat travel, together with the standard tilt and telescopic steering wheel, make it easy to find a comfortable driving position." -- Consumer Guide
- "One of the most impressive qualities of the Cruze is its quiet cabin, which does a good job isolating you from outside noises." -- Cars.com (2011)
The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze comes standard with 10 air bags, a six-speaker CD audio system, USB and auxiliary jacks, satellite radio capability, Bluetooth phone connectivity, six months of complimentary OnStar Directions and Connections, remote keyless entry and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel. Available features include a rearview camera, rear park assist, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, cruise control, heated/manual folding/power-adjustable side mirrors, a power sunroof, a nine-speaker Pioneer audio system, Bluetooth audio streaming, remote start and a leather steering wheel and shift knob. Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system is also available, and includes a 7-inch touch screen, navigation and Pandora Internet radio connectivity.
Reviewers say the Cruze’s available MyLink infotainment system is uncomplicated and easy to use. Critics also like that the Chevrolet Cruze’s climate and radio controls are straightforward and simple.
- "On the upside, the MyLink touchscreen interface is one of the simplest and most straightforward infotainment systems out there, and its voice-control interface is highly functional." -- Edmunds
- "Large, clear gauges are easy to see and read. Most minor controls are well located and clearly marked." -- Consumer Guide
- “Controls for functions such as audio and climate are easy to see, reach and use." -- Kelley Blue Book
The base 2014 Chevrolet Cruze has 15 cubic feet of trunk space. The Cruze Eco with a manual transmission has a slightly larger trunk at 15.4 cubic feet, while the Cruze Diesel has a smaller trunk at only 13.3 cubic feet of space. Critics agree that the Cruze’s trunk is large for a compact car, but they wish the car had bigger storage compartments inside the cabin.
- "The Cruze also offers an unusually large trunk for a compact sedan." -- Edmunds
- "Cruze has one of the biggest trunks in the class, with a reasonably large opening. The 60/40 split rear seat backs fold nearly flat, and the large pass through adds to usable cargo room. On the downside, sickle-style trunk lid hinges intrude into the cargo space." -- Consumer Guide
- "The console bin's very small. The bin ahead of the gearshift isn't even big enough for a cellphone. There are no beverage holders in the door panels." -- USA Today (2012 Cruze Eco)
Next Steps: Chevrolet Cruze
- View the best prices for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze
- Search used Chevrolet Cruze for sale (20,211 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings