Chevrolet Equinox Interior
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox has an attractive cabin with quality materials. Most automotive writers say the available 7-inch touch screen is easy to operate, though some say it can be slow to respond to inputs. There’s plenty of legroom in both rows, reviewers say, and they like that the sliding rear seat adds versatility. While the Equinox’s cargo space is above average for the class, a few competitors offer more.
- "Much like the rest of Chevy's current lineup, the inside of the 2015 Equinox is generally stylish and well laid-out." -- Edmunds
- "The high-quality interior is attractive overall, but marred by too many buttons and small dials." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Reflecting GM's commitment to improving interior refinement after years of being trampled by its Asian competitors in material quality and fit finish, the Equinox's five-passenger cabin is a well-designed space with a simple yet attractive dashboard and an easily navigable center stack." -- Left Lane News (2014)
The 2015 Equinox seats five on standard cloth upholstery. Leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats and heated front seats are available. According to automotive writers, the Equinox has good legroom in the front and rear seats. Its sliding rear seat also allows for adjusting back-seat space and cargo room.
- "With well-bolstered seats, front and back and lots of legroom for all passengers, it's easy to get comfortable, even with a full load of people." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "And while the Equinox isn't a class leader for overall roominess, it has a decent amount of space in the back for rear passengers." -- Edmunds
- "The Equinox has tons of rear-seat legroom, and an innovative sliding second row makes for a usable cargo area." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "Headroom and legroom are ample. The seats are long-haul supportive. Visibility is good for the most part, though tall rear headrests partially obscure the view aft." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2015 Chevrolet Equinox comes standard with Bluetooth phone connectivity, Wi-Fi provided by OnStar 4G LTE (subscription required), a USB port and satellite radio. Available features include an eight-speaker Pioneer audio system, Bluetooth audio streaming, Chevy’s MyLink infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen, navigation, remote start, a rear-seat entertainment system, automatic climate control, a rearview camera, forward collision alert, rear parking sensors and lane departure warning.
Some automotive writers report that the MyLink system features easy operation that’s comparable to a smartphone. Still, others say the system can be slow and unresponsive. According to a few reviewers, the Chevy Equinox’s audio and climate controls are legible and easy to use. However, some test drivers complain that there are lots of tiny dashboard buttons and some can be difficult for drivers to reach.
- "The audio system's touchscreen interface (1LT and above) features customizable menus similar to those on modern smartphones, and it is relatively easy to use. … There are a few weak spots, though, such as the touchscreen's occasional slow processing times and missed responses to touch inputs." -- Edmunds
- "Corresponding buttons and dials are rather small and numerous, though." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Primary gauges are large and clear. Standard audio and climate controls are mounted high on the dashboard and are generally simple to operate, but a few of the controls may be slightly out of reach for some drivers." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Chevrolet Equinox has 31.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 63.7 cubic feet with the second row folded. That’s above average for the class, but models like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 have more cargo space.
- "Despite being comfortable and versatile, the Equinox doesn't make the best use of its exterior bulk inside. For example, even though the Honda CR-V is nearly 10 inches shorter, it boasts roughly six more cubic feet of storage behind the rear seat." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The downside to all this room being devoted to passengers is that the Equinox offers less cargo space than many competitors. …" -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Chevrolet Equinox
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox
- Search used Chevrolet Equinox for sale (16,642 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings