Chevrolet Equinox Interior
Critics agree that the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox has an attractive interior that is solidly built from high-quality materials. They say the front and rear seats are comfortable and spacious, and the interior features are easy to use. Though the Equinox has a decent amount of cargo space, a few competitors offer more.
- "Reflecting GM's commitment to improving interior refinement after years of being trampled by its Asian competitors in material quality and fit finish, the Equinox's five-passenger cabin is a well-designed space with a simple yet attractive dashboard and an easily navigable center stack." -- Left Lane News
- "Inside, the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox offers a stylish cabin with a distinctive dual-cowl design that looks all the more appealing with the available two-tone color scheme." -- Edmunds
- "Dash materials and the Equinox's instrument cluster are attractive, especially in models with the 7-inch color screen and 2-tone surfaces." -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2014 Equinox seats five in two rows and has standard cloth upholstery. Available features include leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats and heated front seats. Reviewers say that the Equinox has comfortable, supportive front and rear seats. Test drivers write that the rear seats are especially spacious, and they like that the rear seats slide fore and aft, which allows you to open up more cargo space or increase rear legroom.
- "Seating comfort and legroom is good all around, and the sliding and reclining second-row seats allow you to expand the amount of legroom in the rear." -- Edmunds
- "The Equinox features well-bolstered seats, front and back, with lots of legroom for all." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Equinox has tons of rear-seat legroom, and an innovative sliding second row makes for a usable cargo area." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "Headroom and legroom are ample. The seats are long-haul supportive. Visibility is good for the most part, though tall rear headrests partially obscure the view aft." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox comes standard with a six-speaker stereo with auxiliary and USB ports, satellite radio and Bluetooth. Available features include Chevy’s MyLink infotainment system, navigation, a rear-seat entertainment system, automatic climate control, a backup camera, forward collision alert, lane departure warning and an eight-speaker Pioneer sound system.
Automotive journalists say the Equinox’s gauges and controls are easy to use, although some think they are a bit cluttered. Reviewers like the Equinox’s MyLink touch-screen infotainment system, and note that it’s a straightforward interface that functions similarly to a smartphone.
- "Another strength here is the audio system's touchscreen interface (1LT and above) that features customizable menus similar to those on modern smartphones." -- Edmunds
- "Corresponding buttons and dials are rather small and numerous, though." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Primary gauges are large and clear. Standard audio and climate controls are mounted high on the dashboard and are generally simple to operate, but a few of the controls may be slightly out of reach for some drivers." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The Equinox has 31.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 63.7 cubic feet behind the first row. These are decent measurements for the class, but the Honda CR-V and the Subaru Forester both offer more room, and reviewers say that the Equinox could use more cargo space. A power liftgate is optional.
- "The Equinox's cabin is comfortable and versatile, but despite this SUV's boxy design, it doesn't make the best use of space for cargo. The Honda CR-V, for example, is nearly 10 inches shorter in length, yet boasts roughly six more cubic feet of storage behind the rear seat." -- Kelley Blue Book
Next Steps: Chevrolet Equinox
- View the best prices for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox
- Search used Chevrolet Equinox for sale (14,354 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings