2010 Chevrolet HHR Interior
The HHR's five-seat interior has plenty of versatility and roominess. Reviewers are especially impressed with how flexible the interior space is, making the HHR a good choice for moving people or cargo. While the layout impresses, some interior materials disappoint.
- "The 2010 Chevrolet HHR also gets high marks for its attractive and unusually quiet passenger cabin." -- Edmunds
- The HHR's cabin is "a puzzle box of reconfigurable space." --Automobile Magazine
- "While HHR's exterior design recalls the 1950s, the cabin design is modern. The gauges are unobstructed, but the instrument markings are a bit small and hard to decipher at a glance. " -- Consumer Guide
The HHR seats up to five, with two in the front and three in the rear. Both the front passenger seat and 60/40-split rear seat fold to create a flat load floor. All models come standard with cloth seats, though leather is optional on the LT trims. There's both praise and criticism for the front seats, while reviewers say the rear seat is comfortable, but a bit cramped.
- "The standard cloth seats are comfortable enough, though we found the better-bolstered optional leather seats to be noticeably more supportive."-- Edmunds
- "OK knee space and foot space, but legroom is cramped if the front seats are set far back. The seatbacks are quite upright. The modestly sized seat cushion lacks thigh support. HHR's narrow cabin precludes three-abreast adult seating." -- Consumer Guide
- "The broad front bucket seats provide nice support." -- MSN
- "The high, firm, nicely padded rear seat is really good for two, better than the seats in most bigger Chevrolets." -- Car and Driver
While there are a few complaints about materials, most reviewers agree that the HHR offers a decent selection of basic interior features, though, for the most part, if you want niceties like Bluetooth and premium sound, you'll want to avoid the base LS trim.
A power driver's seat is standard on the 1LT, 2LT and SS trims, and a headed driver's seat is optional on the LT trims. Leather is optional on the LT and SS trims, and an entertainment system is available on all trims but the SS. The 2LT trim gets the premium sound system standard; premium sound is an option on the 1LT and SS trims. Bluetooth is standard on the 2LT and SS trims and optional on the 1LT. Late in 2010, an optional rearview camera will be available.
- "The climate and radio controls are easy to reach. Kudos to Chevy for moving the power window switches to the door armrest from their previous, inconvenient location on the center console." -- Consumer Guide
- "The gauges are easy to see, and the stereo and climate controls are intuitive. . . . The most significant downside is the relatively cheap look and feel of some of the interior plastics." -- Edmunds
- Even the base LS trim "has a fair amount of standard equipment for the money." MSN
The HHR's versatile cargo space is one of its greatest strengths. With the rear seat folded, the HHR boasts 57.7 cubic feet of cargo space and the front-seat-only Panel model features 62.7 cubic feet. Though there is plenty of cargo room, reviewers complain about a lack of smaller storage areas.
- "The door handles are big, the door openings are wide, the headroom is vast, the seats are broad, and the step-in height is low. All this makes it easy to arrive and depart from every errand on your Saturday-morning list." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Folding down the front passenger seat and 60/40-split rear seatbacks creates an ample 63 cubic feet of cargo room and a flat load surface." -- Edmunds
- "There isn't much interior storage room for small items, with such things as slim door pockets and a small glove box mostly taken up by the owner's manual." --MSN
- "Small-item storage is just so-so and is made up of a small dash-top compartment and slim map pockets in the doors. Panels offer a flat floor and convenient side-door access to cargo. Panel's under-floor storage is a nice touch, but shallow bins limit its usefulness." -- Consumer Guide
Next Steps: Chevrolet HHR
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet HHR for sale (1,947 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet HHR
- View Chevrolet HHR Photos
- See Wagons rankings