Chevrolet Impala Review
The 2015 Chevrolet Impala ranks 1 out of 10 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Impala, as well as reliability and safety data.
Test drivers praise the Chevrolet Impala’s potent available V6 engine and agree that its upscale interior rivals that of some luxury cars.
The 2015 Chevrolet Impala comes standard with a four-cylinder engine that reviewers say puts out acceptable power. However, they agree that for authoritative power and acceleration, the available V6 engine is the better choice. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard on all models and most test drivers say it offers timely, effortless shifts. According to the EPA, the base Impala gets up to 22/31 mpg city/highway, which is great for the class. Automotive journalists say that although it doesn't have especially sporty handling, the Impala takes on corners with ease and is fairly agile for its size. It also has a quiet, cushioned ride and glides over road imperfections, they add.
Automotive writers praise the 2015 Impala's upscale interior, which they say matches the quality and style of many luxury cars. According to reviewers, the Impala has comfortable, roomy seats in both rows. It also has one of the most spacious trunks in the class. Standard features on the 2015 Chevrolet Impala include satellite radio, Bluetooth phone connectivity, a USB port and a Wi-Fi hot spot provided by OnStar with 4G LTE (subscription required after a three-month trial). Available features include Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display, an 11-speaker Bose stereo system, Bluetooth audio streaming, push-button start, remote start, adaptive cruise control, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, forward collision alert, side blind zone alert and lane departure warning. The available Chevy MyLink infotainment system is intuitive, test drivers write, but they wish it responds to user inputs faster.
- "Whereas the previous-generation Impala featured styling and trim that only a rental agency could love, the current model is attractive, well-appointed and fully competitive in its class. Indeed, it's hard to think of another car that has gone from zero to hero this quickly. If you're looking for a large sedan, the Impala is a genuine must-drive." -- Edmunds
- "The Chevrolet Impala arrived in all-new form last year, wearing a sharp new suit and boasting an interior filled with technology and creature comforts. With the revamp, the Impala gained a new lease on life and again became a standout in the waning full-size sedan segment that includes the Dodge Charger, Ford Taurus, Chrysler 300 and Toyota Avalon." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Good looking outside, stunning inside, roomy and technically advanced, the new Impala is a huge improvement from the model Chevy sold for the last decade or so. It recalls the 1950s and '60s, when the Impala was Chevy's ultimate expression of four-door style." -- Detroit Free Press (2014)
- "The base Impala with the 2.5 liter I4 starts at $27,535, but the top-of-the-line LTZ was $39,510. Thankfully, it also felt like a $40,000 car. In fact, it's a better place to spend time than any Buick sold here today, which once again makes me question the point of Buick in America." -- Jalopnik (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
According to test drivers, the Kia Cadenza has a powerful V6 engine, sharp handling and a comfortable ride. They're also pleased with its high-quality interior materials and easy-to-use tech features, which include a standard navigation system.
The Chrysler 300 impresses reviewers with its three powerful engine options, as well as its secure handling, which they say makes the 300 fun to drive. Additionally, automotive journalists say the 300’s Uconnect infotainment system is one of the most user-friendly systems on the market.
Details: 2015 Chevrolet Impala
The 2015 Chevrolet Impala seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. A 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission are standard. The Impala comes in five trims: LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1LTZ and 2LTZ. Changes for the 2015 model year include a new bi-fuel model that can run on compressed natural gas (CNG), as well as OnStar with 4G LTE and a Wi-Fi hot spot and a start/stop feature on four-cylinder models. Aside from these additions, the Chevrolet Impala carries over mostly unchanged. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2014 and 2015.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Impala
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Impala
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Impala
- Search used Chevrolet Impala for sale (43,694 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings