Chevrolet Impala Interior
The 2013 Chevrolet Impala isn’t available with as many features as other cars in the class, but the Impala offers a large trunk, available seating for six and straightforward controls. Although the available front bench gives the Impala the most seats in the class, rivals like the Buick LaCrosse and Hyundai Azera earn more praise for their passenger space and comfort. Additionally, some reviewers say that the Impala’s interior materials include hard plastics, which feel cheap when compared with the Ford Taurus and Chrysler 300.
- "Large rotary knobs for the radio and ventilation are also a nice change from smallish, hard-to-decipher buttons, and it's easy to find a place to keep small items thanks to the numerous cupholders and storage areas." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It's roomy and plush in an affordable way with oversimplified controls … that make concentrating on the perp you're tailing, or the directions to the convention center that much easier." -- Fox News (2012)
- "The cabin design is pretty stale and consists of subpar materials that are well behind GM's more recent offerings." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "Cabin materials are serviceable, but Impala trails most like-priced rivals for quality feel. Plastic expanses dominate the cabin, giving it a budget look and feel." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
Critics point out that the Impala can seat six when equipped with a front bench seat. However, one reviewer writes that the front bench isn’t very comfortable. Another says that back-seat headroom is good, thanks to a high roofline. The base Impala LS comes with cloth upholstery and a six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat. Leather upholstery, heated front seats and a power-adjustable passenger seat are available on LT and LTZ trims.
- "We like that the roofline remains high as it moves rearward, a design that improves rear-seat headroom." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior is roomy with seating for up to six passengers -- something that's increasingly hard to find these days." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "With the available front bench, the seat bottom is too short for long-distance comfort. A narrow cabin means the center position on the bench should be used in emergencies only." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
The 2013 Chevrolet Impala comes with standard features that include OnStar, Bluetooth phone connectivity and a six-speaker stereo with an auxiliary input and satellite radio. Options and features available on higher trims include a sunroof and a Bose stereo. Some common optional features, such as navigation and a backup camera, are not available on the 2013 Impala.
Reviewers generally agree that while the 2013 Impala has clear, easy-to-read gauges and controls, it also offers fewer amenities than most affordable large cars. If you want a car with more high-tech options, consider the Ford Taurus or Chrysler 300.
- "A feature usually not found in basic family sedans, the 8-speaker Bose audio system, available on the LT and standard on the LTZ, is a definite must for music lovers." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Those controls are simple because they're attached to fewer features than are available on competitors." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "The gauges are clearly marked and easy to read. Large radio and climate controls have easy-grip rubberized surfaces and operate smoothly." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
The Chevy Impala provides 18.6 cubic feet of trunk space. While some critics note quirks with the trunk shape, most say that there’s a lot of room for luggage or groceries. Another nice feature is that the seat cushions in the back seat fold up to provide a nice storage space for keeping valuables out of sight.
- "The Impala's available flip-and-fold rear seat increases an already massive trunk capacity, and provides an additional storage bin hidden beneath the seat bottom." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 18.6-cubic-foot trunk is certainly generous, but its folding rear seat is optional and lacks the more common 60/40 split design." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "Impala's trunk is roomy, with a usefully flat floor. The lid uses non-intrusive strut hinges, but an oddly shaped opening hampers loading bulky objects. Cabin storage is merely adequate." -- Consumer Guide (2011)
Next Steps: Chevrolet Impala
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Chevrolet Impala
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet Impala for sale (14,030 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet Impala
- See what others paid for the 2013 Chevrolet Impala
- View Chevrolet Impala Photos
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings