Chevrolet Impala Interior
Automotive writers praise the 2015 Chevrolet Impala's attractive, well-built interior. Some reviewers draw comparisons to luxury brands like Audi when describing the Impala’s interior. Test drivers also report that the Impala is exceptionally roomy in both the front and rear seats. They like its straightforward MyLink infotainment system, although they wish it responds quicker to user inputs. The 2015 Chevy Impala also offers more cargo room than you'll find in most rivals.
- "The Chevy Impala may be considered a mainstream vehicle, but inside it feels more like a premium or even luxury sedan. Cabin materials are attractive and upscale." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Impala's dynamic, modern exterior writes checks that its interior is pleased to cash." -- Edmunds
- "Between its limo-sized interior, clever infotainment system and tastefully understated styling, the Impala appeals to those in search of a cushy, feature-packed four-door." -- Left Lane News
- "The look and feel of interior materials set a new standard for Chevrolet and exceed what some luxury brands offer. A couple of minor trim misalignments mar the overall impact, but the Impala's interior is exceptional. It had a feel closer to what I expect from Audi than from Chevrolet." -- Detroit Free Press (2014)
The 2015 Chevy Impala seats five and comes standard with a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel, heated front seats and ventilated front seats are available. Automotive journalists agree that the Impala offers more than enough room to accommodate taller adults in both the front and rear seats. According to reviewers, the 2015 Impala offers high-quality, attractive options for upholstery, including combinations of cloth, suede, vinyl and leather. A few test drivers are also pleased with the Chevrolet Impala’s good visibility.
- "A generous wheelbase gives the Impala serious passenger space front and rear. Four 6-footers could do a cross-country road trip in perfect comfort; that's what we expect from a large sedan, and the Impala certainly delivers. The wide, plush seats offer a variety of upholstery options, including cloth, a cloth/suede combination, a vinyl/suede combination and leather. We're partial to the vinyl/suede combo (optional on the LT), as its contrasting piping on the edges of the seats results in a particularly upscale appearance." -- Edmunds
- "We found the front seats comfortable and attractive. Rear-seat legroom is excellent." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Passenger room is abundant, especially in the palatial rear seat area, and there's also impressive material quality to go with the spatial quantity: available perforated leather upholstery, sueded microfiber, contrast stitching and soft-touch materials give the cabin a decidedly upscale feel." -- Left Lane News
- "Even driver visibility was better than what we've come to expect from some of today's fullsize sedans." -- Autoblog (2014)
The 2015 Chevrolet Impala comes standard with satellite radio, Bluetooth phone connectivity, a USB port and a Wi-Fi hot spot provided by OnStar with 4G LTE (subscription required after a three-month trial). Available features include a sunroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch-screen display, an 11-speaker Bose stereo system, Bluetooth audio streaming, keyless access, push-button start, remote start, adaptive cruise control, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, forward collision alert, side blind zone alert and lane departure warning.
Test drivers agree that the available MyLink infotainment system features an easy-to-read touch screen and is easy to use. They also appreciate that there are several ways to control the MyLink system aside from the touch screen, including voice recognition and redundant dashboard controls. However, some critics wish the system responds quicker to user inputs, and a few would like the Impala's rearview camera to offer a clearer picture.
- "Redundant dashboard knobs and steering wheel controls give users alternate options for controlling MyLink, and there's also a voice recognition system for hands-free calls, destination entering, song selection and more. Its ‘natural language’ capability can recognize a staggering number of phrases - effectively eliminating the need for the clunky and cumbersome memorized commands." -- Left Lane News
- "Unlike some rivals, Chevy's big sedan doesn't feel the need to make all controls touch-oriented. Settings for climate, volume, fan speed and the like are easily changed with buttons and dials." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "When specified, the 8-inch MyLink touchscreen for audio, navigation and phone functions really ties the room together, providing crisp, high-resolution graphics (except for the oddly grainy rearview camera view) and an intuitive interface like that of a smartphone. We would ask only for quicker and more predictable responses to touch inputs. …" -- Edmunds
- "MyLink is easy to use, although the commands could be a bit quicker to respond. The large icons mean drivers won't fumble to hit the right part of the screen, and as an added bonus, the touch screen flips up to provide access to a hidden storage bin behind it." -- MSN (2014)
The 2015 Chevrolet Impala has 18.8 cubic feet of trunk space, which is more than you’ll find in most cars in the class. Test drivers say the Impala's 60/40-split folding rear seats easily expand cargo space for larger items. A few automotive writers also appreciate the Impala's numerous interior storage compartments, which include a hidden compartment behind the infotainment system’s touch screen.
- "The standard 60/40-split-folding rear seatback adds useful additional cargo space to the already ample 18.8-cubic-foot trunk." -- Edmunds
- "The interior has lots of storage cubbies, including a hidden, lockable compartment behind the touch screen." -- Detroit Free Press (2014)
- "A standard 60/40-split folding backseat expands the Impala's already deep trunk. The opening between the passenger compartment and cargo area when the seats are down is sizable, and the backrest folds flat with the cargo floor." -- Cars.com (2014)
Next Steps: Chevrolet Impala
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Impala
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Impala
- Search used Chevrolet Impala for sale (43,694 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings