Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Interior
The 2012 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid’s interior is almost identical to the regular Silverado’s, save for fuel economy gauges that are specific to the hybrid model. This isn’t a bad thing since most reviewers praise the interior for its design, build quality and materials. While 1HY models come adequately equipped with standard features such as dual-zone climate control, the 2HY trim adds such niceties as leather seating and a navigation system.
- "The luxury interior has dressy materials. Despite ample use of hard plastics, their texture lends impressive substance.” -- Consumer Guide
- "The interior is clean and well laid out with lots of room for a hunting party." -- The Detroit News
The 2012 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid comes standard with seating for six on base models, though seating for five is standard on 2HY trims. It’s only available as a crew cab, which gives the truck a full-size back seat that reviewers say is roomy, although its upright angle isn’t as comfortable as it could be. Overall, most reviewers are positive about the seats in both rows, saying there is plenty of space and that the seats are comfortable.
- “The (front) seats are comfortable if somewhat lacking in side support. Visibility is generally good, though wide rear pillars partially block the view to the back corners. Available power-adjustable pedals are a boon for shorter drivers.” -- Consumer Guide
- "The rear seat is roomy and comfortable, though the seatback angle is a bit upright.” -- Edmunds
No matter the model, reviewers say the interior of the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid is nicely laid out and shows good build quality. The 1HY trim is more basic, with Bluetooth phone connectivity, cruise control, cloth seats and a basic stereo. The HY2 trim is more expensive, but adds features like navigation and leather seating, as well as an auxiliary input jack. Testers say the navigation system is easy to use.
Reviewers say the Silverado Hybrid’s controls are logical and easy to use, but one reviewer mentions that they expect a fancier interior in a truck that costs as much as the Silverado Hybrid does.
- "In a welcome bow to those who work hard to earn their keep - and who live in frigid climes - the 2012 Silverado pickup has knobs, switches and door handles that can be easily operated while wearing gloves.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With the available luxury interior, the Hybrid features easy-to-reach controls, including an intuitive navigation system. Its touchscreen features a helpful energy flow display that indicates the status of the vehicle's gas/electric system. The navigation system also incorporates, but doesn't complicate, audio functions.” -- Consumer Guide
- "Inside, the … Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid is all work truck. Black plastic trim and functional, rudimentary switchgear rule out any pretensions. Still, for the hybrid price premium, we'd like the classy Silverado LTZ dash finery as an option.” -- Edmunds
While the Silverado Hybrid has the same glove box and front center seat storage bins as the regular Silverado, the hybrid's battery pack rides under the rear seat, taking up some usable in-cab storage. Automakers don’t generally release information about truck cabins’ interior space, but if you plan to store or transport a lot of stuff with you in the cab, you’ll be fine – the Silverado Hybrid is only available as a crew cab.
- "The rear seat cushion flips back against the seat back leaving a large cargo area with a nearly flat floor. The bucket seats come with a roomy console bin. The bench seat is available with a flip-down center armrest that doubles as a large storage bin.” -- Consumer Guide