2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
While some reviewers say that trucks built by Ford and Ram have more attractive interiors, auto writers agree that the 2013 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid has a functionally-designed cabin that’s built with nicely textured plastics and other quality materials.
- "Unlike Ford and Dodge's trucks, interior design is more functional than fashionable, with easy-to-read gauges and straightforward controls that can nevertheless be on the small side." -- Edmunds
- "The 2007 makeover resulted in a cabin that discarded cheap, flimsy plastics for a look that nudges close to what's found in an Audi or BMW with quality-feeling materials and nearly invisible seams." -- HybridCars.com
- "The luxury interior has dressy materials. Despite ample use of hard plastics, their texture lends impressive substance." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "The interior is clean and well laid out with lots of room for a hunting party." -- The Detroit News (2009)
The base Silverado Hybrid seats six and comes with cloth upholstery, a folding rear bench seat and a 40/20/40-split front bench seat. Options and features available on the 2HY trim include leather upholstery, front bucket seats, power-adjustable front seats and power-adjustable pedals. Most reviewers agree that the 2013 Silverado Hybrid offers plenty of passenger space in both rows, though one test driver mentions that the rear bench’s seatback angle is too steep to be comfortable. Outward visibility is also generally good from the driver’s seat, though one critic notes that thick roof pillars limited his view to the rear.
- "Front seat comfort is good, but the rear seat could be improved by a less severe seatback angle." -- Edmunds
- "Regardless of model choices, this is a crew cab and there's enough head, should and leg room that even with six people there's a feeling of spaciousness." -- HybridCars.com
- "Visibility is generally good, though wide rear pillars partially block the view to the back corners. Available power-adjustable pedals are a boon for shorter drivers." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2013 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid comes with dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth and a six-speaker stereo with satellite radio and a USB port. Options and features available on the 2HY trim include a seven-speaker Bose stereo, navigation, a backup camera and parking sensors.
Reviewers say that the 2013 Silverado Hybrid features large switchgear, which makes it easy to adjust audio and climate settings with a pair of gloves on. Additionally, one test driver notes that the available navigation system is straightforward and easy to use.
- "The dashboard is simple with large controls - from the door handles to the radio and climate control knobs, most can be operated wearing work gloves. It's a basic design, but logical and pleasant." -- HybridCars.com
- "With the available luxury interior, the Hybrid features easy-to-reach controls, including an intuitive navigation system. Its touchscreen features a helpful energy flow display that indicates the status of the vehicle's gas/electric system. The navigation system also incorporates, but doesn't complicate, audio functions." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Reviewers say that the 2013 Silverado Hybrid is available with a large center console and rear seats that fold flat to increase in-cab storage. The Silverado Hybrid comes with a 5-foot-9-inch bed and a standard tonneau cover, which helps keep cargo in the bed out of site.
- "When it comes time to haul stuff, those rear seatbacks fold down to create a flat load floor and the standard tonneau cover keeps prying eyes off whatever goodies you have stored in the bed." -- Edmunds
- "The bucket seats come with a roomy console bin. The bench seat is available with a flip-down center armrest that doubles as a large storage bin." -- Consumer Guide (2012)