2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Review
The Silverado 1500 delivers one of the best combinations of no-nonsense performance, responsive handling and rugged exterior styling in its class. Its wide range of trims, cab and bed lengths make it highly customizable.
Finding a poor review of the 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 is tough -- according to our analysis, it's hard to do better than the combination of ruggedness and refinement provided with this full-size pickup. "There are no bad full-size pickups now, but the Silverado quietly excels in every area," says Car and Driver, adding, "Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it."
In the wake of its 2007 redesign, the Silverado 1500 won a number of awards, including recognition as Motor Week's "Driver's Choice." The 2008 model still offers a staggering number of engines, trim levels, bed lengths, suspension configurations and other options. The Silverado 1500 is available with two-wheel or four-wheel drive; with a short, standard or long bed; with a regular, crew or extended cab, and in Work Truck, LT and LTZ trim levels. Reviewers enjoyed the Silverado's capabilities and comfort regardless of which combination of the award-winning truck they drove. buyers should appreciate the Silverado's gas mileage, which is among the best in the class.'s "Best Pickup," 's "Truck of the Year," and
If you're shopping for a full-size pickup truck, you should also consider the Silverado's platform-mate, the GMC Sierra.
- "No single aspect of the pickup is remarkable, but the package is integrated so nicely that if you needed one all-purpose vehicle, this might well be it. Otherwise, it's a solid partner for work, play or just traveling." -- Orlando Sentinel
- Highlighting the Silverado and the GMC Sierra, Car and Driver reports, "It's hard to beat their all-around excellence and utility, although the four-speed automatic transmission now feels dated." -- Car and Driver
- Following the 2007 redesign, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram pens, "General Motors builds the best light-duty, full-size trucks. That was my belief even before the newest generation of the Chevrolet Silverado was introduced." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- "It's more comfortable for everyday use, yet tougher as a work vehicle. And it's very well put together, as proven in part by its impressively tight panel gaps." -- Road and Track
- "They are nicely appointed and as comfortable to drive as SUVs." -- Kansas City Star
Next Steps: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet Silverado 1500 for sale (34,384 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet Silverado-1500
- View Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Photos
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings