Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Interior
The 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 earns praise for its quiet, handsome interior. Reviewers note that the plastics used in lower trims are nicely textured and that higher trims have attractive, first-rate materials. The available MyLink infotainment system is very user-friendly, according to critics, and there is ample small-item storage throughout the cabin.
- "To capitalize on the new, more refined feel, Chevy did some serious work on the truck's interior. The gauges, dash, seats and even the carpet give the truck a more upscale feel in comparison to the previous Silverado." -- AutoTrader
- "You don't need to spend $50,000 on a new Chevy Silverado to appreciate its interior - but if you do, you're in for a treat. Even lower trims are nicely laid out and offer ample storage. Base versions do have plastic, but it's well-textured for a better look and feel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The dash is both more attractive and better thought out than before thanks to a simple-to-use center stack. Buttons and dials have been kept to a minimum, and those present are easy to locate and read at a glance." -- Autoblog (2014)
- "Compared to recent Chevrolet releases like the 2014 Impala, the Silverado's interior is an exercise in restraint. The LTZ models we sampled were lined with a tasteful and upscale mix of materials with impressive fit and finish." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "The Silverado's interior is a huge jump forward. The previous generation was sturdy, which is a critic's equivalent of calling your aunt handsome. The new Silverado is simple and well-laid-out, with lots of luxurious touches." -- Motor Trend (2014)
Regular Cab Silverado models seat three and Double and Crew Cab models seat up to six. The base trim comes standard with vinyl seats, while upper trims come with either cloth or leather upholstery. A front bench seat is standard, and bucket seats with a center console are optional. Heated, ventilated and power-adjustable front seats, as well as a heated steering wheel, are also optional. According to auto journalists, the 2015 Silverado has a very quiet cabin and its front seats are comfortable and supportive. However, some note that the available sunroof can cut into headroom for taller drivers, and others mention that large windshield pillars obstruct visibility to the front corners. Reviewers say that the crew cab's rear seats offer ample space.
- "Trucks aren't usually known for their hushed cabins, but the Chevy Silverado's engineers put great effort into sound isolation and their work has paid off. Road and wind noise are nicely quelled at highway speeds, while this full-size truck's suspension soaks up everything short of a sinkhole." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With a choice of bench or buckets (depending on trim level) up front, as well as available heating, ventilation and adjustable lumbar support, the Silverado's thickly padded seats promise plenty of long-trip comfort." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "We found terrific front and rear room, although the more raked windshield seems to provide less headroom than before in sunroof models." -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "The supports' built-in grab handles make entry and exit handier for front and rear passengers, but they also do a good job of further obscuring the driver's blind spots." -- Car and Driver (2014)
The base 2015 Chevrolet Silverado comes standard with dual USB ports, and is available with features like dual-zone automatic climate control, Chevy's MyLink infotainment system with either a 4.2-inch display screen or 8-inch touch screen, Bluetooth, a rearview camera, a six-speaker Bose audio system, navigation, OnStar with a 4G LTE connection and built-in Wi-Fi hot spot, a power sunroof, lane departure warning, forward collision alert and front and rear parking sensors.
Reviewers agree that the MyLink system is user-friendly, and they note that its voice command system works well. Test drivers also appreciate the separate knobs and buttons for radio tuning and adjusting the stereo volume, and add that all of the buttons on the center stack are easy to reach and can be operated while wearing gloves.
- "We like the Silverado's large, easy-to-use buttons and switches. Just below the radio and climate controls are several large switches that control features such as parking sensors and Hill Descent Control. All these switches are large enough that real truck folks won't have to take off their gloves to use them." -- AutoTrader
- "MyLink, Chevy's infotainment system, is easy to navigate via the optional 8.0-inch touch screen, and there are substantial knobs for volume, radio tuning, temperature, and fan speed. There's also a port to plug in almost anything: In a loaded LTZ model, we counted five USB ports, four 12-volt power points, an SD card slot, an auxiliary audio input, and a 110-volt household outlet." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "The MyLink system deserves special mention for its available 8-inch touchscreen that features clear, intuitive controls, redundant knobs and buttons and a very effective voice command interface." -- Edmunds (2014)
All 2015 Silverado models are available with a 6-foot-6-inch bed. Regular cab models are also available with an 8-foot bed, and Crew cab models are also available with a 5-foot-8-inch bed. Test drivers write that the step integrated into the corner of the Silverado 1500's rear bumper makes climbing into the cargo box easy. The Silverado also receives high marks for ample in-cabin storage, including two glove boxes and spacious storage areas integrated into the middle position of the front bench seat or available center console.
- "Steps mounted in the rear bumper along with reworked stake holes make it easy to climb into the bed, while an easy open/close option allows the tailgate to be accessed using just a pair of fingers." -- Left Lane News
- "Notches cut into the rear bumper and the bed rail serve as step and handhold, respectively, to make climbing into the bed easier." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "Throughout the cabin, there are loads of cubbies and storage areas including a double glove box with a lock on the upper one." -- Motor Trend (2014)
- "There's plenty of storage space inside thanks to a rash of small cubbies cut into each door panel and a new floor console that's capable of holding file folders, small laptops, and so on. Even models with bench seats boast a sizable armrest storage compartment along with a lockable underseat storage area." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
Next Steps: Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Search used Chevrolet Silverado 1500 for sale (40,927 listings)
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings