2009 Chevrolet Silverado HD
- Repairs Chevrolet Silverado HD
2009 Chevrolet Silverado HD Review
This review was written when the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado HD was new.
If you need a solid work truck or luxurious tow vehicle, reviewers say the Chevrolet Silverado HD makes a very good choice.
While few people need the incredible hauling and towing capabilities of a heavy-duty truck, reviewers say that those who do will find the 2009 Chevy Silverado Heavy Duty a very livable work companion. Not only does the Silverado HD have class-leading towing and hauling capabilities, it also has a comfortable ride, easy-to-live-with handling and an interior that can be equipped like a luxury SUV. Edmunds says the Silverado HD "possesses the heavy-duty work truck capabilities required in this pickup class, but its refined cabin, comfy ride and reassuring handling make it a top choice."
The 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty comes either as a 2500 or 3500 model, and each model is available in WT, LT, and LTZ trims. The truck comes standard with a 6.0 liter V8 gasoline engine mated to a six speed Hydra-Matic automatic transmission or a 6.6 liter V8 Duramax Diesel engine mated to an Allison 1000 series six-speed automatic transmission. Both 2500 and 3500 models are available in two- or four-wheel drive, as well as regular, extended and crew cabs. Silverado 3500 models are available as single- or dual-rear wheel models.
The Chevrolet Silverado HD was last redesigned in 2007. For 2009, Chevrolet has added available luxury touches to its workhorse trucks. Bluetooth connectivity and a rearview camera, a new version of OnStar which can direct the Navigation system around traffic, are all options. An integrated trailer brake control is standard on LTZ trims, optional on WT and LT trims.
If you're considering a Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty, but worried about the challenges facing General Motors, Chevrolet's parent company, check out What GM's Bankrup[tcy Means for You. Also, if you're interested in a Silverado HD, check out our Chevy Deals page, where we've done the research to get you the best deal.
- "GM's newest big rigs retain the many assets of previous models while improving on performance, refinement, cabin comfort, and build quality. The result is an appealing blend of car-like civility and work-truck brawn, bolstered by numerous class-exclusive features such as all-surface 4WD. In all, a must-see for anyone shopping heavy-duty pickups." -- Consumer Guide
- "A 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD pickup, often in the dually body style, is a highly specialized tool. This is a mighty workhorse for those whose towing and hauling needs are so heavy that even a 2500 just won't cut it." -- Edmunds
- "A Silverado 1500 won our last pickup comparo, and the HD version is more rugged but just as refined, so it too is at the top of its class -- Car and Driver
- "It's a solid partner for work, play or just traveling." -- Orlando Sentinel