2010 Chevrolet Silverado HD Review
The Chevrolet Silverado HD is a great choice for those who need a solid work truck or tow vehicle. If you have the cash and the inclination to spend on options, the Silverado HD can be downright luxurious.
While few people need the incredible hauling and towing capabilities of a heavy-duty truck, those who do will find the 2010 Chevy Silverado Heavy Duty a livable work companion. Edmunds says, "As expected, the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is fully capable of handling serious heavy-duty chores, and it also boasts of a refined cabin, a respectable ride quality and secure handling." Most reviewers agree, and say that if you need a heavy-duty truck, the Silverado HD is a solid choice.
Other Trucks to Consider
Still, when it comes to heavy-duty trucks, shoppers have a lot of options to choose from. If you're looking for a powerful truck, you should also take a look at the newly redesigned Ford Super Duty Trucks and the new Dodge Ram Heavy Duty. All three trucks start at about the same price, and all offer similar capabilities.
However, the Dodge and Ford trucks offer some options that the Silverado HD doesn't have. The Super Duty trucks can be equipped with Ford's tool management system and an in-truck computer, which can track and print invoices. Both systems are handy tools for contractors. The Dodge Ram HD was just redesigned for 2010, and most reviewers like it. Bottom line? While the Silverado HD is an excellent choice, smart shoppers will check out what other makers are offering.
Details: Chevrolet Silverado HD
The 2010 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty comes either as a 2500 or 3500 model, and each model is available in WT, LT, and LTZ trims. The truck comes standard with a 6.0 liter V8 gasoline engine mated to a six speed Hydra-Matic automatic transmission or a 6.6 liter V8 Duramax Diesel engine mated to an Allison 1000 series six-speed automatic transmission. Both 2500 and 3500 models are available in two- or four-wheel drive, as well as regular, extended and crew cabs. Silverado 3500 models are available as single- or dual-rear wheel models.
The Chevrolet Silverado HD was last redesigned in 2007. For 2010, little has changed, though a USB port in the center console is now standard. The port allows music from portable devices to be player through the Silverado HD's stereo. The port can also charge some handheld devices.
If you're interested in a Silverado HD, check out our Chevy Deals page, where we've done the research to get you the best deal. If you don't think the Silverado HD is for you, check out our Best Car Deals page to see what discounts and incentives other manufacturers are offering.
- "GM's newest big rigs retain the many assets of previous models while improving on performance, refinement, cabin comfort, and build quality. The result is an appealing blend of car-like civility and work-truck brawn, bolstered by numerous class-exclusive features such as all-surface 4WD. In all, a must-see for anyone shopping heavy-duty pickups." -- Consumer Guide
- "When you're talking really serious workhorses, a Budweiser Clydesdale has nothing over the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD pickup." -- Edmunds
- "A Silverado 1500 won our last pickup comparo, and the HD version is more rugged but just as refined, so it too is at the top of its class -- Car and Driver
- "It's a solid partner for work, play or just traveling." -- Orlando Sentinel
Next Steps: Chevrolet Silverado HD
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chevrolet Silverado HD for sale (156 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chevrolet Silverado-HD
- View Chevrolet Silverado HD Photos
- See Heavy Duty Pickup Trucks rankings