Chevrolet Sonic Interior
Though some critics complain about the hard plastic trim in the 2015 Chevrolet Sonic’s interior, most say the Sonic has contemporary styling and unique details in the cabin, such as the highly legible, motorcycle-inspired gauge cluster. Both the sedan and hatchback models offer large cargo storage areas, and auto writers say the Sonic has spacious front and rear seats.
- "There's a lot of fresh thinking inside the 2015 Chevy Sonic and we like it, starting with the motorcycle-inspired gauge cluster that's unlike anything else on a car's dashboard. Another strong point is that there are no weak points, no spots that look like they just didn't quite care enough to finish it." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Where the Aveo had the look of a 1990s bargain-bin leftover, the Sonic is sharp, modern and full of well-designed and thoughtful features." -- AutoTrader
- "The interior of the 2014 Chevy Sonic is attractive enough, though extensive use of hard plastics takes away from the overall effect." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "But the interior is really pretty good for the class, especially the seats. And all the little toys you're getting make it a great deal in that class." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Chevrolet Sonic Pictures
The 2015 Chevrolet Sonic seats five and comes in sedan and hatchback body styles. Available features include heated front seats, leatherette upholstery and leather sport seats with faux-suede inserts. Critics say it’s easy to find a comfortable driving position in the supportive driver’s seat, and they note that the rear seats are some of the most spacious in the class, with good head- and legroom for adults.
- "When combined, the Sonic's supportive seats, excellent suspension, standard driver armrest -- a rarity in the subcompact market -- and tilt-telescopic steering wheel made for one of the most comfortable rides of any small vehicle we've driven." -- AutoTrader
- "The rear seat is one of the roomiest in the subcompact segment." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It earns extra points in the comfort category, however, as even tall drivers will be able to find a workable driving position. Smaller adults will find the rear seats just as accommodating, with decent amounts of head- and legroom." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "I put a few of my 6-foot-plus buddies on board and no one had big complaints." -- AutoWeek (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Chevrolet Sonic include Bluetooth phone connectivity, remote keyless entry, an auxiliary audio jack, a four-speaker audio system and a new version of the subscription-based OnStar system with 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hot spot. Available features include power windows, a sunroof, cruise control, a rearview camera, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, remote start, a premium six-speaker audio system, Bluetooth audio streaming, a USB port, satellite radio and Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system, which includes a 7-inch touch screen, voice command recognition and smartphone app integration.
The Sonic’s gauge cluster consists of a tachometer and a multi-function digital display that shows speed, miles per gallon and other information. Chevrolet says it was inspired by the gauges on motorcycles, and reviewers love how easy it is to read. They’re also impressed with the number of high-end features available in the Sonic, including the touch-screen infotainment system.
- "The nontraditional gauge cluster places a conventional tachometer to the left of a bright blue digital display that collects everything from current speed and direction to average fuel economy and distance driven into one easy-to-read package." -- AutoTrader
- "Gauges and controls are well laid out and easy to operate." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "It offers loads of features unexpected at this price range, such as streaming Bluetooth audio and the MyLink infotainment system that allows for control of cell phone-enabled apps." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "Sonic's gauge cluster stands out from others in the class with a design inspired by modern motorcycles. The tachometer is analog, but the speedometer is digital. Despite a compact size, it's easy to decipher at a glance." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Chevrolet Sonic sedan has a 14.9-cubic-foot trunk, which is quite large for the class. The Sonic hatchback has 19 cubic feet of storage space behind the rear seats and 47.7 cubic feet with the rear seats folded, which is also good for the class. Sedan and hatchback models come standard with a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, and reviewers appreciate the Sonic’s numerous small-item storage compartments in the cabin.
- "When it comes to good old-fashioned cargo capacity, the sedan's 14-cubic-foot trunk is among the largest in the segment and can be expanded further by way of the standard 60/40-split-folding rear seatbacks." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "We really liked the dual glovebox arrangement, which is particularly thoughtful for those who use a dedicated music player, with the USB port located in the smaller, upper glove box." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "There are plenty of handy storage cubbies." -- Popular Mechanics (2012)
Next Steps: Chevrolet Sonic
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Sonic
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Sonic
- Search used Chevrolet Sonic for sale (4,058 listings)
- See Affordable Subcompact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals