2013 Chevrolet Spark Interior
Auto critics are shocked at the amount of interior space available in the four-seat Spark. The front seats offer plenty of room for adults, and unlike other subcompacts, test drivers say adults fit in the back comfortably. Cargo space is also good for the category. The Spark doesn’t have as many standard features as some competitors, and its list of optional tech features is short for the class. You cannot, for example, add a navigation system.
- "And despite its small footprint, the Chevy Spark is surprisingly spacious inside, thanks to more upright seating positions and a tall greenhouse." -- Edmunds
The Chevrolet Spark seats two people in the front and two in the back. Though it’s small, reviewers are surprised by the Spark’s ample cabin space. They report that a tall driver or front passenger has plenty of legroom and lots of headroom thanks to the Spark’s tall ride height. Their praise extends to the second-row seats. Test drivers are very impressed that two adults can sit comfortably. According to reviewers, competitors like the Mazda2 and Nissan Versa are also spacious for their sizes. One reviewer does complain that the cabin is noisy and forced him to turn up the stereo volume to drown out road noise.
- "It is, however, fairly roomy inside, thanks to its upright profile. Our six-foot-seven driver fit comfortably up front, with enough space left over for a real human in the seat behind him." -- Car and Driver
- "The Spark's rear seat is usable by two full-sized adults and the Chevy's extra pair of doors makes accessing them much easier, especially compared to two-door rivals like the Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper." -- Road and Track
- "Before revving it up to highway speeds, select some nice music played at reasonably high volume. You'll need it. The little car is a virtual noise box at 70 mph." -- The Washington Post
Standard on the 2013 Spark is a four-speaker stereo with an auxiliary input jack. Optional tech features include Chevrolet MyLink, USB port, satellite radio and steering-wheel mounted stereo, phone and cruise controls. A navigation system is unavailable on the Spark. MyLink is an infotainment system that allows you to access music providers such as Pandora Internet radio through your smartphone.
So far, reviewers haven’t said much about the Spark’s tech features, but one finds its climate controls easy to use.
- "Three simple knobs on the dash easily operate the HVAC system." -- The Detroit News
There’s 11.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind the Chevrolet Spark’s rear row, and if you fold the rear seats, that space expands to 31.2 cubic feet. Auto critics don’t say much about the Spark’s available cargo space, but one says it’s plenty for trips to the store or a short vacation.
- "With the Spark's split-folding rear seat in place, there's a useful 11.4 cu. ft. of cargo room. That's enough room for running errands or packing for a weekend getaway, though you might have to leave the kayak and jet ski at home." -- Road and Track