Chevrolet Spark Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 09/24/2014
- Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Chevrolet Spark vehicles manufactured January 17, 2012, to July 29, 2014. The secondary hood latch may prematurely corrode at the latch pivot causing the striker to get stuck out of position, preventing it from properly engaging the hood latch.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 89,294
- Consequence: If the secondary hood latch corrodes causing the latch to be stuck out of position, and the primary hood latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the striker and latch with a new part which has superior corrosion protection, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 14456.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V593000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Chevrolet Spark comes with a three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Spark