Chevrolet Suburban Review
The 2015 Chevrolet Suburban ranks 3 out of 13 Affordable Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Suburban, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Chevrolet Suburban is ranked:
Reviewers praise the redesigned 2015 Chevrolet Suburban for its easy maneuverability, composed, quiet ride and roomy, upscale cabin.
The 2015 Chevrolet Suburban is powered by a V8 engine that reviewers agree produces ample power. The engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission that test drivers say shifts seamlessly. The redesigned Suburban gets an EPA-estimated 16/23 mpg city/highway, which is decent for the class. Automotive writers agree that the Suburban offers secure handling in turns and is easy to maneuver for its size. Its accurate steering and strong brakes also impress reviewers. Some critics comment that the Suburban can ride a bit harshly over rough pavement though.
The Suburban's size, seating capacity and available features make it a natural choice for active families. Because it has the best combination of available family-friendly features, interior space, safety and reliability ratings in its class, it is our 2015 Best Large SUV for Families.
Test drivers report that the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban's cabin is exceptionally quiet, and it has premium materials that give it a luxurious feel. Most auto journalists find the Suburban's seats to be comfortable and roomy, even in the rear rows. With a maximum cargo capacity of 121.1 cubic feet, cargo space in the 2015 Suburban is good for the class. The Suburban comes standard with a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, remote start, satellite radio, Bluetooth, two USB ports and tri-zone climate control. Available features include navigation, forward collision alert, blind zone alert, a power sunroof and a rear-seat entertainment system. Automotive reviewers say the climate controls and optional navigation system are easy to use.
- "Overall, the strengths and character of the 2015 Tahoe and Suburban remain as before. The upgraded interiors, longer equipment list, and quieter ride make them more credible premium products-which is a good thing, considering their more premium price." -- Automobile Magazine
- "For those who have always liked big vehicles, need big capabilities, and prefer an SUV as their family hauler rather than a minivan, a 2015 Suburban is somewhere with your name on it." -- Car and Driver
- "If you want maximum cargo and passenger capacity, combined with 4-wheel-drive (4WD) capability, big-trailer towing capacity, and a luxurious interior, the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban is your best pick." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Beyond cosmetic upgrades, GM's done superb work on handling. These are still very large vehicles, but they're a piece of cake to pilot. In particular, since we got to test both long- and shorter-wheelbase trucks over mountain passes and in rain and snow between Nevada City, Calif., and Napa, Calif., we'd call out GM's effort on chassis stiffness, ride control, and steering rigidity." -- Popular Mechanics
- "In and out, the 2015 Tahoe, 2015 Suburban, and 2015 Yukon are better. Their drive is vastly improved. Their interiors are much more user-friendly, and the array of technology makes driving, parking, and operating any of these vehicles easier. Are they for everybody? Not at all. But if you need a big SUV, nothing else really compares to these brutes. Nothing." -- Motor Trend
Other SUVs to Consider
The Chevrolet Tahoe also seats nine. It earns the same fuel economy estimates as the Suburban and has a lower starting price. Reviewers are impressed with the 2015 Tahoe's comfortable, well-controlled ride.
The Toyota Sequoia has nearly the same cargo capacity as the Suburban and reviewers note that the Sequoia has a comfortable ride and composed handling for a large SUV. The Sequoia is also one of few large SUVs that reviewers praise for its adult-friendly third row.
Details: 2015 Chevrolet Suburban
The 2015 Chevrolet Suburban seats up to nine. Rear-wheel drive is standard and four-wheel drive is optional. The Suburban is powered by a 5.3-liter V8 engine and has a six-speed automatic transmission. There are three trim levels: LS, LT and LTZ. The Chevy Suburban is fully redesigned for the 2015 model year.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Suburban
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban
- Search used Chevrolet Suburban for sale (119 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings