Chevrolet Suburban Interior
Automotive writers are impressed with the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban's remarkably quiet interior. Its cabin is luxurious, stylish and comprised of premium materials, they report. According to test drivers, the Suburban's interior is comfortable and roomy for all passengers, and it offers lots of cargo space for the class.
- "The 2015 Suburban's new upscale interior impresses from the moment you sit down, with sweeping curves, high-end materials, and excellent fit and finish making it look more like a luxury sedan than a full-size SUV." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Inside, we found the Suburban's interior remarkably well-insulated from the outside world, and every comfort afforded by our LTZ trim was appreciated without exception. From its marvelous seats to the upscale look and feel emanating from the dash and door panels, the Suburban feels more like a prestige luxury make than an average family transport vehicle." -- AutoTrader
- "Interior quietness is top shelf by way of the added emphasis on NVH mitigation. Through the use of wind-cheating designs and laminations, we never had to raise voices, even during conversations with second and third row passengers. To our ears, the only sound that gets into the interior is the throaty growl of the exhaust." -- Left Lane News
- "There were lots of padded surfaces including the dash top, dash face, and door tops. Add that - along with copious amounts of 1st- and 2nd-row space - to all the high-tech and luxury features available (including such amenities as heated/ventilated front seats and heated rear seats), and these big SUVs can compete head-to-head with premium sedans when it comes to luxurious accommodations." -- Consumer Guide
The Suburban comes standard with seating for eight, and can seat up to nine with an available front bench seat. Cloth upholstery and power front seats are standard, while leather upholstery and heated and cooled front seats are available. Reviewers say it's easy to find a comfortable driving position and add that all of the Suburban's seats are roomy, noting that the third row offers ample space for kids. The Suburban's cabin earns reviewer praise for being very quiet.
- "You can now get a power tilting and telescoping steering wheel in addition to the familiar power-adjustable pedals, so there's no excuse for not finding a good driving position. Front head- and legroom are both increased by meaningful amounts, along with fractional increases in the second and third row seating space." -- Car and Driver
- "The second row's comfortable seats recline, but unfortunately they don't slide fore and aft. The third row has enough footroom and legroom for adults, at least for shorter drives; kids will be fine." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Adjustable pedals customize the fit for virtually every driver." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 Chevy Suburban comes standard with a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, remote start, a six-speaker stereo, satellite radio, HD Radio, Bluetooth, two USB ports and tri-zone automatic climate control. Available features include forward collision alert, blind zone alert, a power sunroof, a rear-seat entertainment system, navigation, a 10-speaker Bose stereo system and Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system, which has an 8-inch touch-screen display and voice recognition.
Reviewers like the Suburban's optional touch screen, which they say features icons that are straightforward. They also report that the climate controls are clearly marked and easy to reach. Some critics say the 2015 Suburban's voice recognition system is more comprehensive in models equipped with navigation, and that it functions well.
- "We were more impressed, though, with the well-thought-out switchgear. Our top-spec LTZ test car sported the obligatory touch screen, but there are still plenty of knobs for easy access to the most-used audio and climate-control functions, and buttons are grouped to help make everything easy to find." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The MyLink infotainment system is especially nice, with a large, vivid color screen populated by easily understood touchscreen icons. The voice-recognition software, on the other hand, could use a bit more schooling." -- AutoTrader
- "From the driver's seat, audio and climate controls are within easy reach. The former consist of tuning and volume knobs with station selection being controlled through the touch screen. As in most such arrangements, this can make some simple procedures a multi-step affair, but we generally found the system to be fairly easy to use and logical in operation." -- Consumer Guide
- "The infotainment controls are clearly grouped below the screen, with the HVAC controls below that. When you order the navigation system, you also get greater functionality with more extensive voice activation that we found to work well during the press introduction." -- Car and Driver
The Chevrolet Suburban has 39.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, 76.7 cubic feet with the third row folded and a maximum of 121.1 cubic feet with the second and third rows folded. The Suburban's overall cargo capacity is good for the class. For the 2015 model year, the Suburban's second and third rows can fold flat into the floor and are available with a power-folding feature. Still, some reviewers note that they don’t fold completely flat into the floor, but mention that smaller items can be kept out of sight in a space under the main cargo floor.
- "A high cargo floor is required to ensure the new flat-fold third row. It's not wasted space though - under the floor is a handy hidden storage area." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Although not quite as commodious as it was previously, the Suburban is still a supersized family bus. Its 39.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third seat (versus 45.8 cubic feet previously) should easily accommodate a family's luggage for a weeklong vacation and/or an extra-large dog crate." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Also, instead of those awful removable third row seats in the outgoing models, both models offer fold-flat third rows that drop electrically with the touch of a button. The floor, however, is not actually flat, but close enough for storage purposes. There is also a cargo-management system under the floor in the back to that can keep small things hidden from prying eyes. It can be removed for additional cargo space." -- Motor Trend
Next Steps: Chevrolet Suburban
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban
- Search used Chevrolet Suburban for sale (241 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings