Chevrolet Tahoe Review
The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe ranks 1 out of 13 Affordable Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Tahoe, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers call the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe one of the best large SUVs on the market, pointing to its gentle ride, strong acceleration, refined cabin and favorable fuel economy.
The Chevrolet Tahoe is completely redesigned for 2015. A V8 engine propels this SUV and earns test drivers' appreciation for its robust acceleration and consistent power delivery. They also like the abundant power available for highway cruising and passing. At an EPA-estimated 16/23 mpg city/highway, the Tahoe has one of the highest fuel economy ratings in the class. According to automotive writers, the Tahoe offers a cushioned ride over road imperfections and decent handling for a large SUV. They are also impressed with its precise steering and easy maneuverability for its size.
The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe's cabin is attractive, with premium materials that give the interior a posh feel, according to auto writers. They think the first- and second-row seats are supportive and spacious, though the third row isn't large enough for most adults. Standard features include a rearview camera, remote start, fold-flat second- and third-row seats, Bluetooth, satellite radio, HD Radio and a six-speaker stereo. Lane departure warning, a rear-seat entertainment system with a Blu-Ray DVD player and Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen and up to six USB ports are available. New for 2015, the Chevrolet Tahoe can now be equipped with power-folding second- and third-row seats. Test drivers report that the Tahoe's dashboard gauges are legible and its controls are easy to use, but some critics say that MyLink sometimes operates a bit sluggishly.
- "Overall, the strengths and character of the 2015 Tahoe and Suburban remain as before. The upgraded interiors, longer equipment list, and quieter ride make them more credible premium products-which is a good thing, considering their more premium price." -- Automobile Magazine
- "If you're set on buying a large, traditional SUV, though, the all-new Chevy Tahoe toes the line for a do-anything utility vehicle that won't sell you short on everyday comfort." -- Edmunds
- "But with their recent updates, GM's big boxes combine the room and comfort of a luxury car with unmatched cargo space and towing capacity, making them a thoroughly justifiable entity in our broad automotive landscape." -- Consumer Guide
- "When it comes to moving big families with big toys in tow, the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe has the right stuff to get the job done. Completely overhauled from the ground up, the 2015 Tahoe offers more of what Americans have come to expect from a full-size SUV and tosses in a few surprises for good measure." -- AutoTrader
- "Put simply, if what you need is a big sport utility vehicle to haul your family, your stuff or some combination thereof, the 2015 Tahoe is easily the leader of the fullsize body-on-frame SUV pack. And, with its newfound comfort and efficiency, we imagine that the beastly SUV-asaurus will manage to evade its grave for several more years, at least." -- Autoblog
Chevrolet Tahoe Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Chevrolet Suburban has one of the highest cargo capacities in the class. Reviewers say the 2015 Suburban offers a comfortable, roomy interior. They note that finding a good driving position is easy and say its rear seats are spacious enough for most adults.
The Ford Expedition is one of few large SUVs that test drivers say offers a third row with enough head- and legroom to comfortably fit adults. Additionally, the Expedition has more cargo space than the Tahoe, especially the long-wheelbase EL model.
Details: 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe seats up to nine and is available with either rear- or four-wheel drive. A 5.3-liter V8 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission are standard on all models. The Tahoe comes in three trims: LS, LT and LTZ and is completely redesigned for the 2015 model year.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Tahoe
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Search used Chevrolet Tahoe for sale (13,743 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals