2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 07/02/2014
- Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2005-2007 SAAB 9-7x; 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL; and 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier and Isuzu Ascender vehicles. Fluid may enter the driver's door master power window switch module, causing corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board. A short may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing odor, smoke, or a fire.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 184,611
- Consequence: A short in the circuit board could lead to a fire, increasing the risk of personal injury. A fire could occur even while the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been made.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the part number on the door module, and install a new door module if necessary, free of charge. Parts for the remedy are not currently available. GM will send an interim letter to owners in late August 2014. A second owner letter will be mailed when parts are available. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick), 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), 1-800-462-8782 (GMC), 1-800-955-9007 (SAAB), and 1-800-255-6727 (Isuzu). GM's number for this recall is 14309. NOTE: This recall provides a new remedy for all vehicles covered by recall 13V-248. Vehicles whose modules were modified but not replaced as part of the previous recall remedy must have their vehicles remedied again under this campaign.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V404000
EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTSRecall Date: 08/12/2008
- Summary: EAGLE EYES IS RECALLING 404,546 HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES OF VARIOUS PART NUMBERS SOLD FOR USE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE HEADLAMPS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." THESE HEADLAMPS DO NOT CONTAIN THE REQUIRED AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 404546
- Consequence: DECREASED LIGHTING VISIBILITY MAY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
- Remedy: EAGLE EYES WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER CONPLIANT REPLACEMENT HEADLAMPS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT EAGLE EYES AT 1-800-568-1098.
- Notes: THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON VEHICLES PRODUCED BY THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER. IN ORDER TO DETERMINE IF YOUR AFTERMARKET HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY IS AFFECTED BY THIS NONCOMPLIANCE, PLEASE REVIEW THE LIST OF MODEL NUMBERS PROVIDED TO US BY EAGLE EYES. THE LIST CAN BE FOUND UNDER "DOCUMENT SEARCH" LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 08E053000
A three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty covers the TrailBlazer. Chevrolet also supports the TrailBlazer with a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Warranty information last updated: 5/2/08
Next Steps: Chevrolet TrailBlazer