2015 Chevrolet Trax
Chevrolet Trax Review
The 2015 Chevrolet Trax ranks 5 out of 9 Affordable Subcompact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chevrolet Trax, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Chevrolet Trax is ranked:
Critics say the 2015 Chevrolet Trax has nimble handling, a roomy interior and excellent fuel economy, but they think its cabin has low-quality materials and its engine is underpowered.
The 2015 Chevrolet Trax comes standard with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. Test drivers report the engine is too loud, and the transmission is slow to downshift. Reviewers also say that the Trax accelerates slowly from a stop. However, the 2015 Chevrolet Trax gets up to an EPA-estimated 26/34 mpg city/highway, which is better than the fuel economy of most rivals, and automotive journalists praise the Trax’s tight turning radius and nimble handling through turns, which they say make it a great SUV for city driving.
Test drivers write the 2015 Trax's interior is constructed with low-rent materials and has a dull style, though some add that's expected in a vehicle as low-priced as the Trax. The Trax has good outward visibility, according to some critics, while others think rear visibility is limited by the small rear windows. Automotive journalists agree that the Trax's front and rear seats offer ample head- and legroom for adults. Standard features include a rearview camera, Bluetooth, a USB port, OnStar with 4G LTE and a built-in Wi-Fi hot spot (subscription required) and Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen. Available features include satellite radio, remote start, a seven-speaker Bose premium sound system and rear parking sensors. A few test drivers say the Trax’s climate and audio controls are straightforward, and the infotainment system is user-friendly. With 48.4 cubic feet of overall cargo space, the Chevrolet Trax’s cargo hold is smaller than most competitors’. However, reviewers say there’s plenty of space for hauling cargo, including some large items.
- "The performance from its small engine is unimpressive on the highway, while minimal ground clearance means even all-wheel-drive models are strictly for the street. If you're picky about interior design and quality, the Trax is far from best in class." -- Edmunds
- "With its 2015 Trax, Chevrolet offers a small SUV with exceptional visibility, good interior room, a surprisingly large cargo area, but pokey acceleration - especially with the optional all-wheel drive." -- Cars.com
- "The 2015 Chevrolet Trax may not be a groundbreaking product, but it successfully leverages the Sonic's existing strengths and adds some real crossover functionality. If that sounds like the sort of combination you're looking for, the 2015 Trax should be a solid choice." -- AutoTrader
- "The Trax is a comfortable, competent offering, but it doesn't deliver the same level of style as its competitors from Nissan and Kia. However, with an agreeable price and overall inoffensive persona, expect to see these swarming everywhere, from the suburbs to city centers." -- Car and Driver
- "The Trax will make a lot of sense to a lot of buyers, many of whom will probably be first-time buyers of new cars. If you can live without the luxury-ish interior of its Buick sibling, or simply don't care for that sort of thing in a small crossover, then the Trax will make good sense, especially with the savings you'll get when you embrace the fact that they're essentially identical vehicles underneath." -- AutoWeek
Chevrolet Trax Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Buick Encore has lots of standard features and earns great fuel economy estimates for the class. Reviewers say its cabin features top-notch materials and attractive styling. They also like that it offers a comfortable ride and nimble handling.
Reviewers say the Ford Escape has powerful turbocharged engine options and sharp handling. They also agree that its interior is handsomely styled and has high-quality materials. The Escape also has much more cargo space than the Trax.
Details: 2015 Chevrolet Trax
The 2015 Chevrolet Trax seats five and comes standard with front-wheel drive. A turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine and a six-speed automatic transmission are standard. There are three trims available: LS, LT and LTZ. The Chevrolet Trax is an all-new model for 2015.
Next Steps: Chevrolet Trax
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chevrolet Trax
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chevrolet Trax
- See Affordable Subcompact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals