Chrysler 200 Review
The 2015 Chrysler 200 ranks 11 out of 21 Affordable Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chrysler 200, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers like the powerful V6 engine option and premium cabin materials in the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200, though they note that it has a tight rear seat and noisy base engine.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 comes standard with a four-cylinder engine that critics think provides adequate power but is louder than rival four-cylinder engines. Critics prefer the 200’s available V6 because they say it has potent acceleration and a growling exhaust sound. All 200 models come with a nine-speed automatic transmission that reviewers say shifts smoothly but is a little slow to downshift during hard acceleration and sometimes has trouble finding the right gear. According to the EPA, the four-cylinder 200 gets 23/36 mpg city/highway, which is on par for the class, while the V6 model gets 19/32 mpg, which is slightly less than V6-powered rivals’ fuel economy. Reviewers say the 200 is reasonably nimble for a midsize car. Most write that the 200’s steering is precise, though a few think the steering is a bit numb. The Chrysler 200 receives praise for its powerful brakes and compliant ride over uneven pavement.
Reviewers say the 2015 Chrysler 200 has top-quality interior materials and one of the most stylish cabins in the class. The Chrysler 200 has a very large trunk for the class, and test drivers say the 200 has comfortable front seats, though they note that the rear seat is cramped. Automotive journalists write that the 200’s Uconnect infotainment system is easy to use, and some say it’s the best in the class. Standard features in the 2015 Chrysler 200 include proximity key, a four-speaker audio system, a USB input and Chrysler’s Uconnect infotainment system. Available features include leather upholstery, front seats that are heated, ventilated and power-adjustable, dual-zone automatic climate control, a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality, a nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi hot spot capability, an upgraded Uconnect system with a 5-inch touch screen and a Uconnect system with navigation and an 8.4-inch touch screen. Other available features include a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, forward collision warning with full automatic braking, blind spot monitoring, rear cross path monitoring, lane departure warning with lane keep assist, parallel park assist and perpendicular park assist.
- "The 2015 Chrysler 200 is Chrysler's pivotal moment. It's their Sammy-joins-Van-Halen, Dylan-goes-electric, Rachel-marries-Ross moment. Why? Because the 200 is so good that it will forever change the way you think of Chrysler and will have you questioning the features, prominence and performance of every other midsized sedan on the road, even the Kia Optima." -- AutoTrader
- "There are a lot of ‘mosts’ in the mid-size sedan segment: most fun, most spacious, most stylish, most likely to be painted Champagne Mica and driven through parking lots at 4 mph. The new 200 is none of the mosts we care most about, but neither is it the least of anything. In a high-volume class that prioritizes practicality, somewhere in the middle is not a bad place to be." -- Car and Driver
- "For a while now, when someone said the words ‘Chrysler 200,’ people usually responded with various forms of cringing and grimacing. Let's just get this out of the way right now: The 2015 Chrysler 200 sedan changes all of that. Now when you say you own a 2015 Chrysler 200, it will no longer be met with furrowed brows." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "A has-been no more, the 2015 Chrysler 200 is ready to run with the big names of the mid-size sedan segment. Although probably not enough to topple cars like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, the 2015 200 puts Chrysler back on solid ground." -- Left Lane News
Other Cars to Consider
Automotive journalists praise the Ford Fusion for its agile handling and roomy seats. Reviewers are impressed with the Fusion’s turbocharged engines, which they say deliver lively acceleration and good fuel economy.
Reviewers think the Honda Accord is a class-leading car thanks to its spacious cabin and sportier handling compared to many rivals. The Accord also comes with more standard features than the 200, including dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth and a rearview camera.
Details: 2015 Chrysler 200
The 2015 Chrysler 200 comes in four trims: 200 LX, 200 Limited, 200S and 200C. The 200 comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, a nine-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. A 3.6-liter V6 engine and all-wheel drive are optional. The 200 has been completely redesigned for the 2015 model year.
Next Steps: Chrysler 200
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chrysler 200
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- Search used Chrysler 200 for sale (6,959 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings