2012 Chrysler 200 Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 2/19/14
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS , ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 07/02/2013
- Summary: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Sebring and 200 vehicles manufactured June 28, 2011, through December 13, 2012; model year 2011-2013 Dodge Avenger vehicles manufactured June 25, 2011, through January 14, 2013; model year 2011-2012 Dodge Nitro vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through December 15, 2011; and model year 2011-2012 Jeep Liberty vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through August 15, 2012. Electrical over-stress of a resistor in the occupant restraint control module may lead to the non-deployment of the active head restraints during a rear impact collision.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 442,481
- Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating the deployment of the active head restraints , their non-deployment could increase the risk of injury.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will flash the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) or replace the occupant restraint control module, as needed, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in August 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N38.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V282000
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLINGRecall Date: 09/26/2011
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 CHRYSLER VEHICLES, INCLUDING 200 AND TOWN AND COUNTRY MODELS, DODGE VEHICLES, INCLUDING CHARGER, DURANGO, GRAND CARAVAN AND JOURNEY MODELS AND JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 31, 2011, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 13, 2011, THAT ARE EQUIPPED WITH 3.6L ENGINES. THESE ENGINES MAY EXPERIENCE CONNECTING ROD BEARING FAILURE DUE TO DEBRIS INSIDE THE ENGINE BLOCK.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 667
- Consequence: CONNECTING ROD FAILURE MAY LEAD TO ENGINE SEIZURE WHICH MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE ENGINE FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER SAFETY RECALL NUMBER IS L33. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V487000
Chrysler provides a three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper new car warranty to 200 buyers. The powertrain is covered for five years or 100,000 miles.