Chrysler 200 Interior
Auto critics are impressed with the 200’s interior materials and build quality, saying everything looks and feels high-end. One reviewer likes the color palette, trim materials and overall interior design.
- "Limiteds have nice-feeling leather upholstery that improves the ambiance. Soft-touch surfaces abound. Our main niggle here is the feeling of the switchgear, which seems cheap given the car's upscale pretense." -- Consumer Guide
- "Goodbye, sow's ear; hello, silk purse. Deep blacks, rich browns and warm tans replace the old Chrysler interior palate of hard plastic finishes and dowdy colors. Sweeping, richly-textured, soft-touch surfaces display fewer seams but more chrome and metallic trim, elevating the 2013 Chrysler 200's cabin to Business Class if not First. Layered trim replaces unsightly gaps, and instrumentation combines modern function with classic style." -- Kelley Blue Book
- “Cheapness is now banished; or at least much better disguised.” -- Car and Driver (2011)
- "Every spot that you're likely to lean an arm is cushioned, a feature that became welcome when I recently drove a 200 nearly 400 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles." -- Detroit Free Press (2011)
The five-seat 200 sedan has cloth seats standard and available leather seats and heated front seats. The 200 convertible only seats four. Cloth seats are standard on the convertible, and leather seats and heated front and rear seats are available. An S convertible model has heated, leather front and rear seats with suede inserts. Reviewers generally comment on the sedan’s seats, saying the materials are upscale, but back-seat legroom is cramped. One reviewer says the 200 sedan is narrow, which makes the cabin feel small.
- "Both cloth and leather seats are well-tailored, but rear legroom is tight if the front seats are adjusted for six-footers." -- Kelley Blue Book (sedan)
- "Without the sunroof, headroom is generous. Legroom is also good. The problem here is width. The 200 feels no wider than a typical compact car. It will be fine for many, but larger occupants might feel cramped." -- Consumer Guide (sedan)
- "Backseat space for adults is also underwhelming. The 200's backseat dimensions are smaller than the outgoing Sebring's, which didn't have a particularly roomy backseat in the first place. My knees were at the back of the front seat, and the cabin felt close in general." -- Cars.com (2011 sedan)
- "The seats are still pizza box thin, despite the fancy new leather." -- Motor Trend (2011 sedan)
The 2013 Chrysler 200 comes standard with a four-speaker CD audio system, an auxiliary audio jack and heated fold-away mirrors. Higher trims offer features like satellite radio, remote start, Bluetooth, Chrysler’s Uconnect voice-controlled touch-screen infotainment system, a USB input, Boston Acoustics speakers, a moonroof and navigation.
Reviewers think the Chrysler 200’s tech and climate controls are intuitively-placed, which makes them easy to use. They agree that the available touch-screen navigation/audio system is user-friendly and the display is easy on the eyes.
- "Chrysler's newest audio units feature mapping by industry-leader Garmin. Not only is the system intuitively simple to operate, the large 6.5-inch screen makes it easy for older eyes to navigate the on-screen commands." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "All controls are mounted high and in the center of the dashboard, and are within easy reach." -- Consumer Guide
The 2013 Chrysler 200 sedan’s 13.6 cubic-foot trunk is on the small side for an affordable midsize car. The 200 convertible has 13.3 cubic feet of trunk space with the top up and 7 cubic feet with the top down, which is good for a convertible. One reviewer likes that the convertible’s trunk is still capable of holding larger items, even with the top down, which is a rare compliment for a hardtop convertible.
- "Top up, the convertible's trunk is nearly as large as the sedan's. Top down, there's still enough space for a weekend's worth of luggage for two." -- Consumer Guide
- "The trunk is a snug but useful 13.6 cubic feet." -- USA Today (2011)
Next Steps: Chrysler 200
- View the best prices for the 2013 Chrysler 200
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Chrysler 200
- Search used Chrysler 200 for sale (4,406 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings