Chrysler 200 Interior
Reviewers agree that the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 has an elegant cabin filled with high-end materials, with some saying the 200’s materials are comparable to a luxury car’s. The 200 has a very large trunk for the class, and automotive journalists think its Uconnect infotainment system is one of the easiest to use in the class. They say the 200’s front seats provide good comfort and support, but that it has a smaller rear seat than many competitors, with inadequate leg- and headroom for taller passengers.
- "The 200 is a beautifully conceived sedan, and from behind the thick-grip steering wheel, it feels more like an upscale luxury car. Soft-touch materials are generously scattered throughout the cabin, as are a number of innovative features such as the rotary-knob gear selector and the optional 8.4-in UConnect touchscreen infotainment system." -- AutoTrader
- "Inside, this is a different Chrysler than we're used to. Every surface has been attended to, resulting in a comfortable, quiet respite with gorgeous matte wood accents, especially on higher trim levels. The adjustable, sliding center console cover/cup holder is Audi-grade, with premium hardware and a damped slider mechanism. Door panels feature soft materials top-to-bottom even on base LX trim models, while contrast stitching and muted copper accents lend a designer touch to nearly every surface." -- AutoWeek
- "One of the biggest drawbacks to the previous Chrysler 200 was its dated interior that wasn't very special or distinctive. Chrysler's designers redoubled their efforts in the 2015 200, and the result is one of the better cabin designs in this price range." -- Edmunds
- "Gone are the days of straight lines and a dreary interior. Instead, curvy exterior styling is paired with an interior that could go up against any competitor in the midsize-sedan segment. When tasked with penning the insides, Klaus Busse, Head of Interior Design, Chrysler Group aimed to use furniture-grade materials, which can be seen in features like the real wood with an exposed edge on the dashboard." -- Kelley Blue Book
Chrysler 200 Pictures
The 2015 Chrysler 200 seats five and comes standard with cloth upholstery. Available features include leather upholstery, front seats that are heated, ventilated and power-adjustable and a heated steering wheel. Reviewers think the Chrysler 200’s front seats offer good comfort and support, though some don’t like their high position. Critics agree that the 200’s rear seat is short on legroom and headroom compared to its rivals. Test drivers note that the 200’s roof pillars hinder visibility. However, they say the 200 is as quiet as a luxury car.
- "Steeply raked roof pillars obstruct outward visibility. There's not a ton of head- or legroom, and high doorsills and a floating center console induce claustrophobia." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Available acoustic windshield and side glass, coupled with extensive sound-deadening efforts throughout make the 200 cockpit luxury-car quiet; it also feels a quarter-size smaller than some of its prime competitors, though. Those who regularly shuttle tall passengers or those with convertible child safety seats should carefully balance their rear seat needs against what's offered in the Toyota Camry and VW Passat." -- AutoWeek
- "If you need a large backseat to accommodate taller adults or children in car seats, the Chrysler 200 simply isn't as spacious as other midsize sedans." -- Edmunds
- "The 200's front buckets proved to be comfortable and supportive during our day-long drive along the roads outside of Louisville, Kentucky, but we found the seating position a bit odd. Even at its lowest position, the driver's seat seemed to be sitting up too high." -- Left Lane News
- "Also a bit restricted in size is the rear-seat area. My 5'9 head nearly brushed the roof, and though I had plenty of legroom ‘sitting behind myself,’ a tall person in front with the seat pushed far back would have left me with little knee room." -- Consumer Guide
Standard features in the 2015 Chrysler 200 include proximity key, a four-speaker audio system, a USB input and Chrysler’s Uconnect infotainment system. Available features include dual-zone automatic climate control, a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control with stop and go functionality, remote start, a 115-volt power outlet, a nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Wi-Fi hot spot capability, an upgraded Uconnect system with a 5-inch touch screen and a top-of-the-line Uconnect system with navigation and an 8.4-inch touch screen. Other available features include a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, forward collision warning with full automatic braking, blind spot monitoring, rear cross path monitoring, lane departure warning with lane keep assist, parallel park assist and perpendicular park assist.
Reviewers write that the 200’s interior controls are intuitive, and they especially like the UConnect infotainment system, which they say responds perfectly to user inputs. Some think it is the best infotainment system in the class.
- "The 200's cabin redeems itself with easy-to-use in-car technology. Chrysler has figured out the perfect combination of touchscreen, buttons, and dials. The shifter, a rotary knob like Jaguar uses, feels just right." -- Automobile Magazine
- "If a slick infotainment system is important to you, the 200 arguably has the best audio-navigation interface in this class." -- Edmunds
- "The interior materials felt solid, the infotainment system worked exactly as it was told, and the new dial transmission knob hopped into place with authority." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The materials, fit and finish are all very good, with the layout of controls easy to comprehend for the first-time 200 driver." -- Autoblog
- "We're big fans of Uconnect's seamless operation and ease of control, and the unit in the 200 did nothing to dissuade us from that stance." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 Chrysler 200 has 16 cubic feet of trunk space, which is very good for the class. The 200 comes standard with 60/40 split-folding rear seats, which expand the cargo area to accommodate long items. Reviewers note that the rear seats don’t fold completely flat, though they think the 200 offers more in-cabin storage than most rivals.
- "This is about as good as cabin storage gets in a midsize sedan, at least in terms of sheer volume. Slightly less impressive is the trunk. It's decently large, and the rear seatbacks fold down to expand the space, but they rest a few inches above the level of the cargo floor, so you can't just slide long items in. Also, the pass-through is rather restricted in size." -- Consumer Guide
Next Steps: Chrysler 200
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chrysler 200
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chrysler 200
- Search used Chrysler 200 for sale (11,649 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals