Chrysler 200 Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRINGRecall Date: 08/04/2014
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2015 Chrysler 200 vehicles manufactured May 19, 2014, to June 21, 2014. The affected vehicles may have been built with a driver side door wiring harness of an insufficient wire gauge, resulting in excessive heat which may melt the wiring insulation.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 8
- Consequence: Excessive heat and melting wiring insulation may result in an electrical short, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door wiring harness, free of charge. The recall began on October 3, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P43.
- Dates of Manufacture MAY 18, 2014 to JUN 20, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: P43
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V480000
SUSPENSION:REAR:SHOCK ABSORBERRecall Date: 07/01/2014
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014 Jeep Cherokee and Ram 1500 and 2015 Chrysler 200 vehicles. Due to an insufficient weld, the rear shocks may detach from the vehicle at one end and possibly damage other chassis components, the tire or result in reduced braking.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 15956
- Consequence: Damage to the tire or reduced braking increases the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear shocks and replace any affected ones, free of charge. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P37.
- Dates of Manufacture MAY 20, 2014 to JUN 04, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: P37
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V392000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Chrysler 200 comes with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.