Chrysler 300 Review
The 2014 Chrysler 300 ranks 6 out of 10 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chrysler 300, as well as reliability and safety data.
With composed handling, powerful engines and a well-appointed interior, test drivers agree that the 2014 Chrysler 300 offers a great mix of style and substance.
The Chrysler 300 is powered by a V6 engine that reviewers say provides strong acceleration. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard and test drivers say it is quick-shifting and refined. The EPA reports that the base Chrysler 300 gets 19/31 mpg city/highway, which is on par with other V6-powered affordable large cars. Two optional V8s are offered and auto writers love the growling exhaust note and substantial power they deliver, especially on the high-performance 300 SRT. Despite its large size, many test drivers say that the Chrysler 300 delivers sharp handling and a ride that is quiet and comfortable. Additionally, the 2014 300 earns praise for its well-weighted steering and strong brakes.
Reviewers think the 2014 Chrysler 300 has a stylish, well-made interior. They agree that the front seats are spacious and comfortable, and most think the rear seats are as well. However, a few critics say that back-seat passengers could use more head- and legroom. The 300 offers a wide assortment of standard features for the class. Reviewers like the standard Uconnect infotainment system, which they say features a large, easy-to-use touch-screen display. Standard features in the 2014 Chrysler 300 include push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control and Chrysler’s Uconnect infotainment system, which includes an 8.4-inch touch-screen display, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming and a USB port. Options include navigation, a backup camera, front and rear parking sensors, three premium audio systems, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control.
- "With its extraordinary mix of style, power, luxury and value, the 2014 Chrysler 300 is a top pick among full-size sedans." -- Edmunds
- "Big car, big engine, big performance, rear-wheel drive, distinctive style, take-charge road manners, comfort, handling and luxury, yet without the sometimes sky-high prices associated with premium European sports sedans." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "While we enjoy the Chrysler 300 when left to its own merits, it didn't fare well in our full-size sedan Big Test. In that comparo, where it went up against the Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, Kia Cadenza, and Chevrolet Impala, the V-6-powered 300S beat-out only the Taurus." -- Motor Trend
- "Rear-seat room is a sore spot, and we have a few niggling issues with the climate/audio control interface. Still, the 300 is a classy large sedan that delivers a refined driving experience." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Other Cars to Consider
Reviewers say the Chevrolet Impala has balanced handling and an attractive, high-quality interior. It also has a larger trunk than the 300.
Critics say the Buick LaCrosse has a luxurious interior and a comfortable, quiet ride. The LaCrosse is also available with an eAssist powertrain, which gives it one of the best fuel economy ratings in the class.
Details: 2014 Chrysler 300
The 2014 Chrysler 300 seats five and has standard rear-wheel drive. A 3.6-liter V6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission are standard, and a 5.7-liter V8 engine and five-speed automatic are available on higher trims. The 300 comes in seven trim levels: the base 300, the sportier 300S, the 300C and the John Varvatos Luxury and Limited Editions and the high-performance SRT Core and SRT Premium models, which feature a more powerful 6.4-liter V8 engine mated to a five-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is optional on all but the SRT trim. The Chrysler 300 was last redesigned for the 2011 model year and sees few changes for the 2014 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2014 model years.
Next Steps: Chrysler 300
- View the best prices for the 2014 Chrysler 300
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Chrysler 300
- Search used Chrysler 300 for sale (6,376 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings