2012 Chrysler 300 Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 10/08/2014
- Consequence: If the alternator fails, the vehicle may stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V634000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 434,581
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Challenger, Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured June 17, 2010, to December 23, 2013, and equipped with a 3.6L engine and a 160 amp alternator. In the affected vehicles, the alternator may suddenly fail.
- Remedy: Chrysler is expected to begin notifying owners of this recall on November 28, 2014. The remedy for this recall campaign is still under development. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P60.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:FUSES AND CIRCUIT BREAKERSRecall Date: 05/01/2012
- Consequence: THIS COULD LEAD TO LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V197000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 119,072
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 AND 2012 300 AND DODGE CHARGER VEHICLES. THESE VEHICLES MAY LOSE ABS/ESC SYSTEM FUNCTION DUE TO AN OVERHEATED POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL RELOCATE THE ABS/ESC SYSTEM FUSE, FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER?S RECALL NUMBER IS M10. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION?S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
TIRES:PRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMSRecall Date: 01/04/2012
- Consequence: UNDERINFLATED TIRES CAN RESULT IN TIRE OVERLOADING AND OVERHEATING, WHICH COULD LEAD TO A BLOWOUT AND POSSIBLE CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V004000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 303
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 DODGE CHARGER SRT8 AND THE CHRYSLER 300 SRT8 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM MAY 2, 2011, THROUGH NOVEMBER 17, 2011, FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER 138, "TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM" (TPMS). AS BUILT, THE TPMS DOES NOT WARN THE DRIVER WHEN A TIRE IS 25 PERCENT BELOW THE RECOMMENDED PRESSURE. THE RECALLED VEHICLES NOTIFY THE CUSTOMERS WHEN THE TIRE PRESSURE REACHES 22 PSI RATHER THAN THE REQUIRED 24 PSI.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE VEHICLE?S TPMS. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER'S SAFETY RECALL NUMBER IS L43. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2012 Chrysler 300