2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
While reviewers are pleased with the space available in the 2009 PT Cruisers interior, most don't like what's in it. Several reviewers call interior materials cheap and say build quality is poor.
- "It's a good size, with enough seating and non-seating variations to make it either a micro-van or small people-carrier." -- The Auto Channel
- "We weren't nearly as unanimous in our opinions about the design and quality of the Cruiser's interior. Half of our drivers agreed with [one of our editors], who called the interior 'appallingly cheap. Everything within sight looks cheap and tacky.' But [a different editor] voiced the opinions of others that 'fit and finish are really well done, and surfacing is basically attractive.'" -- Automobile Magazine
- "A quick rap on just about any interior surface will reveal hard plastic where many of today's vehicles feature soft-touch material. Even the 'chrome' rings around the gauges are actually chrome-plated plastic." -- Edmunds
Chrysler says that the 2009 PT Cruiser seats five adults, but some reviewers feel that four is the practical limit. Most reviewers, however, find the front seats comfortable. As for the rear seats, reviews are mixed.
- "The PT's seats were almost unanimously praised for comfort." -- Automobile Magazine.
- "Taller drivers will find plenty of room to get comfortable . . . shorter drivers may not care for the somewhat flat seat design and elevated driving position." -- Edmunds
- "The front bucket seats provide above-average support." -- MSN
- "Outboard passengers have adequate space, but the center rear position is cramped." -- Cars.com
The 2009 PT Cruiser has basic standard features, including a sliding sun visor with covered vanity mirrors, a tachometer, an AM/FM stereo with CD player, auxiliary input jack, cruise control, tilt-adjustable steering wheel, remote power door locks and power windows.
Reviewers like the PT Cruisers large cargo area. Behind the front seats is 21.2 cubic feet of storage space. Chrysler says the Cruiser's interior has 160 different seating and cargo configurations, with various shelves, platforms and cubbyholes for storing a wide variety of large and small objects.