2008 Chrysler Pacifica Review
The Pacifica carries many of the features now expected in crossover vehicles, but doesn't deliver the engine power or value of class leaders and ranks in the bottom half of both the affordable midsize and crossover SUV classes.
While the Pacifica is a viable minivan alternative, our analysis shows that its engine power and third-row seating fall short of expectations. For 2008, the Pacifica receives minimal changes, with the base trim now called the LX. It also gets a mildly updated engine and transmission. Even with pricey options, the Washington Post feels the Pacifica is "still providing an affordable, yet premium family hauler." However, buyers beware: A fully loaded Limited all-wheel drive version can top out at around $40,000. Also note that the Pacifica will be discontinued after 2008. Consider other crossovers such as the all-new Dodge Journey and Chevrolet Traverse.
The Pacifica comes in several models -- LX, Touring and Limited -- in either front- or all-wheel drive.
- "The Chrysler Pacifica was one of the first of the so-called crossover vehicles, and we consider it both well conceived and well executed." -- Automotive.com
Next Steps: Chrysler Pacifica
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Chrysler Pacifica for sale (1,525 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Chrysler Pacifica
- View Chrysler Pacifica Photos
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings