2008 Chrysler Sebring Review
This review was written when the 2008 Chrysler Sebring was new.
The Sebring has impressive interior features and a comfortable cabin, but does not provide the driving performance or overall refinement of other cars in its class.
Many reviewers say the Sebring is a good affordable midsize car, but but is not without its shortcomings. It doesn't have the most impressive cabin materials or the most thrilling engine performance, and even unique interior features like the MyGIG infotainment system or the option for a convertible Sebring aren't enough to compete with the top-class cars.
The 2008 Chrysler Sebring comes as a four-door sedan with three trims -- the base, Touring and Limited. The Chrysler Sebring also comes as awith a hard or soft top.
- "The new Sebring is hands-down better, for cabin space, overall styling, interior trim and functionality." -- AutoWeek
- "I'd be pleased if I got off an airplane and found the Sebring waiting for me in the parking lot. I'm just not sure I'd want it to follow me all the way home." --
- "Performance and quality levels are finally in line with those of the average Japanese mid-size four-door, albeit one from seven or eight years ago." --
- "Just being 'good enough' no longer makes the cut. It also helps to stay current with the competition's generational cycle, and the Sebring was falling short in both regards." -- New Car Test Drive
- "This Sebring is a logical choice for families seeking a moderately priced, moderate-size, four-door passenger car." -- Sacramento Bee
- "If you're tired of look-alike cars and just want something different, then the Sebring may could be the car for you -- just be sure to take a very long test drive before you sign on the dotted line." -- About.com