2008 Chrysler Town & Country Review
The Town & Country receives a very good ranking because reviews are enthusiastic about its new Swivel 'n Go seats; the added 4.0-liter engine option; and the smooth, quiet ride, though the base engine is considered underpowered.
The 2008 Chrysler Town & Country offers a new, more powerful engine and increased seating versatility. BusinessWeek feels it sets "a new standard in family friendliness." Reviewers are impressed with the new Swivel 'n Go seats, which allow the second row seats to turn and face the third row, with an optional table available for meals and games. Chrysler has retained the Town & Country's earlier Stow 'n Go seats, which can be stashed away to enlarge the cargo area, but the owner must choose between this system and Swivel 'n Go. Though the base 3.3-liter engine is weak, the mid-level engine is well reviewed.
The 2008 Chrysler Town & Country comes in three trims -- the base-model LX, the mid-level Touring and the high-end Limited.
- "The latest hauler from the company that invented the minivan in the early 1980s, the Town & Country is Chrysler's best and most sophisticated yet." -- Forbes
- "Chrysler's latest minivan wizardry takes the form of a novel Swivel ' n Go seating system." -- AutoWeek
- "If you're still in the kid business, and you enjoy showing them this great country of ours, don't be ashamed to buy a minivan, and give this one a pretty serious look. And if people give you guff at cocktail parties, play the Green card, and tell them minivans are the most efficient vehicles for transporting seven people comfortably." -- Motor Trend
- "Final word? The new Town & Country has it all, and if it's not standard, you can add it." -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- "The redesigned T&C is not only a great family hauler, it's also an incredibly smart and surprisingly well-engineered vehicle." -- BusinessWeek