2010 Chrysler Town & Country Recalls & Reliability
There have been 4 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 06/26/2014
- Consequence: If the ignition key inadvertently moves into the OFF or ACCESSORY position, the engine will turn off, which will then depower various key safety systems including but not limited to air bags, power steering, and power braking. Loss of functionality of these systems may increase the risk of crash and/or increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V373000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 525,206
- Summary: This defect can affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 Dodge Journey vehicles manufactured June 29, 2007, to June 17, 2010, and 2008-2010 Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles manufactured January 26, 2007, to June 17, 2010. Road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will modify the ignition switch, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is L25. Note: This is an expansion of recall 11V-139.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 05/06/2014
- Consequence: An overheated switch may result in a vehicle fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V234000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 644850
- Summary: Chrysler Group, LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2010-2014 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles manufactured August 25, 2010, through October 31, 2013. The affected vehicles may experience overheating of the vent window switch in the driver's door armrest.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the vent window switch with a newer version, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in June 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P25.
- Dates of Manufacture AUG 24, 2010 to OCT 30, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: P25
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITIONRecall Date: 03/01/2011
- Consequence: ENGINE SHUT OFF WHILE DRIVING COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V139000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 248,437
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 DODGE JOURNEY, GRAND CARAVAN, AND CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY VEHICLES MANUFACTURER FROM AUGUST 3, 2009, THROUGH JUNE 17, 2010. SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE INADVERTENT IGNITION KEY DISPLACEMENT FROM THE RUN TO ACCESSORY POSITION WHILE DRIVING CAUSING THE ENGINE TO SHUT OFF.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE WIN MODULES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER SAFETY RECALL NO. L02. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
STRUCTURE:BODYRecall Date: 04/09/2010
- Consequence: CONTACT BETWEEN THE TIRE AND FUEL FILL PIPE MAY WEAR A HOLE IN ONE OR THE OTHER COMPONENTS OVER TIME. THIS MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL IN THE EVENT OF TIRE PRESSURE LOSS, OR A VEHICLE FIRE IN THE EVENT THE FUEL PIPE IS COMPROMISED.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V148000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 843
- Summary: THE BRAUN CORPORATION IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008 THROUGH 2010 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY AND DODGE CARAVAN COMMERCIAL ENTERVANS WHICH WERE ALTERED BY BRAUN BETWEEN JANUARY 21, 2009 AND MARCH 19, 2010. DURING CONVERSION, THE CHASSIS WAS RAISED AND THE FLOOR WAS LOWERED TO ACCOMMODATE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES. IN RAISING THE CHASSIS, THE FUEL FILL PIPE COMES INTO CLOSER PROXIMITY TO THE LEFT REAR TIRE. IN ROUGH OR AGGRESSIVE DRIVING SITUATIONS, THE TIRE MAY INTERMITTENTLY CONTACT THE FUEL FILL PIPE.
- Remedy: BRAUN WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPAIR THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BRAUN TOLL-FREE AT 1-800-488-0359.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country