Chrysler Town & Country Review
The 2015 Chrysler Town & Country ranks 3 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Chrysler Town & Country, as well as reliability and safety data.
While some rivals have a smoother ride, most critics like the 2015 Chrysler Town & Country because it has a flexible seating system and plenty of family-friendly standard features.
The 2015 Chrysler Town & Country comes with a V6 engine that critics agree has plenty of power for moving a full load of passengers, though some complain that it is noisier than rivals when accelerating hard. According to the EPA, the 2015 Town & Country gets 17/25 mpg city/highway, which is a bit low for the class. Most test drivers think that the Town & Country has precise steering and composed handling, but some write that it doesn’t ride as comfortably over rough roads as its competitors.
Test drivers think the 2015 Chrysler Town & Country has a classy interior design and upscale materials in most areas of the cabin. Though some write that the second-row Stow ‘n Go seats provide an awkward seating position, they add that the seats’ fold-flat design makes it easy to expand the cargo area. Reviewers also appreciate the Town & Country’s long list of standard features, most of which should appeal to families. The 2015 Town & Country comes standard with leather upholstery, a rearview camera, a second-row video screen, a DVD player, a 6.5-inch touch screen, satellite radio, a six-speaker audio system, two USB ports, a power liftgate and dual power-sliding rear doors. Available features include a nine-speaker audio system, a Blu-ray player, a third-row video screen, a sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and rear parking sensors.
- "One of the longest-running models in the minivan segment, Chrysler's Town & Country offers a long list of standard luxury features in addition to a capacious, versatile and innovative interior." -- Left Lane News
- "If you want the easy passenger loading and interior roominess that are inherent in a minivan along with plenty of creature comforts that will make trips more enjoyable for Mom, Dad and the kids, there's a lot to like about the 2015 Town & Country minivan." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With its comprehensive equipment and nifty Stow 'n Go seats, the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country looks great on paper, but rival minivans are fundamentally more refined." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Chrysler pitches Town & Country as an upscale alternative to the more mainstream Dodge Grand Caravan. It absolutely succeeds in that mission. It's quiet, rides smoothly, and boasts an interior that's notably nicer than the Caravan. Add to all this the convenience of its Stow 'n Go seating, and you have a minivan that strikes a great balance between luxury and versatility." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Other Minivans to Consider
The Toyota Sienna has one of the most spacious cargo areas of any minivan, and critics appreciate its powerful V6 engine and soft, comfortable ride. The Sienna is also one of the only minivans on the market available with all-wheel drive.
The Honda Odyssey gets better fuel economy than the Town & Country, and test drivers say it handles remarkably well for a minivan. Reviewers also like its exceptional interior build quality and spacious third row.
Details: 2015 Chrysler Town & Country
The 2015 Chrysler Town & Country seats seven people in three rows and is available in six trims: LX, Touring, S, Touring-L, Limited and Limited Platinum. All Town & Country models come with a 3.6-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. The Chrysler Town & Country’s last full redesign was in 2008, and since it sees only a few changes this year, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Chrysler Town & Country
- View the best prices for the 2015 Chrysler Town & Country
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Chrysler Town & Country
- Search used Chrysler Town & Country for sale (13,473 listings)
- See Minivans rankings