2011 Dodge Avenger Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS , ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 07/02/2013
- Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating the deployment of the active head restraints , their non-deployment could increase the risk of injury.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V282000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 442,481
- Summary: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Sebring and 200 vehicles manufactured June 28, 2011, through December 13, 2012; model year 2011-2013 Dodge Avenger vehicles manufactured June 25, 2011, through January 14, 2013; model year 2011-2012 Dodge Nitro vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through December 15, 2011; and model year 2011-2012 Jeep Liberty vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through August 15, 2012. Electrical over-stress of a resistor in the occupant restraint control module may lead to the non-deployment of the active head restraints during a rear impact collision.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will flash the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) or replace the occupant restraint control module, as needed, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in August 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N38.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
STEERING:COLUMNRecall Date: 06/07/2011
- Consequence: A MISSING OR INCORRECTLY INSTALLED RIVET COULD COMPROMISE THE ABILITY OF THE STEERING COLUMN TO SUPPORT THE OCCUPANT LOADS IN THE EVENT OF A FRONTAL CRASH, DECREASING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE FRONTAL IMPACT SAFETY SYSTEM. AS A RESULT, THE CONDITION MAY INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR INJURY IN A FRONTAL CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V315000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 11,351
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011DODGE JOURNEY, JEEP WRANGLER, CHRYSLER 200, CHRYSLER 200 CONVERTIBLE, DODGE AVENGER, DODGE NITRO, JEEP LIBERTY, DODGE CALIBER, JEEP COMPASS, JEEP PATRIOT, DODGE GRAND CARAVAN AND CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A MISSING OR INCORRECTLY INSTALLED STEERING COLUMN PIVOT RIVET.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT FOR RIVET PRESENCE AND ALIGNMENT AND REPAIR THE STEERING COLUMN PIVOT AS REQUIRED, FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JUNE 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER'S SAFETY RECALL NO. L23. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2011 Dodge Avenger