2007 Dodge Charger Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGSRecall Date: 12/24/2014
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2004-2007 Dodge Ram 1500 and Durango, 2005-2007 Dodge Ram 2500, Charger, Magnum, Dakota, Chrysler 300, 300C, SRT8, 2006-2007 Dodge Ram 3500 and Mitsubishi Raider, and 2007 Chrysler Aspen. Upon deployment of the driver side frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,890,785
- Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver side frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the vehicle occupants.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver side frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Some of the vehicles included in this recall were recalled under safety recall 14V-354, and that addresses vehicles sold, or currently registered, in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Owners of those vehiicles were notified earlier in December 2014. Chrysler has not determined a date for notifying the remaining owners of vehicles included in this national recall campaign. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P81. Note: This recall supersedes, in part, safety recall 14V-354 as to the driver's air bag inflators on the vehicles included in this recall.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V817000
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:LEVER AND LINKAGE:COLUMN SHIFTRecall Date: 11/05/2008
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING 20,283 MY 2006-2009 CHARGER AND MAGNUM VEHICLES BUILT WITH THE POLICE PACKAGE EQUIPPED WITH COLUMN SHIFTER. THE GEARSHIFT CABLE MAY BECOME DISENGAGED FROM THE STEERING COLUMN MOUNTING BRACKET AND CAUSE AN INCORRECT TRANSMISSION GEARSHIFT POSITION DISPLAY.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 20283
- Consequence: THIS COULD ALLOW THE VEHICLE TO MOVE INADVERTENTLY AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL ADD A REDUNDANT LOCKING MECHANISM TO THE GEARSHIFT CABLE AT THE MOUNTING BRACKET TO ENSURE PROPER RETENTION AND SHIFT LINKAGE FUNCTION. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING NOVEMBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER RECALL NO. H37. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 08V583000
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONRecall Date: 09/06/2006
- Summary: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES AND PICKUP TRUCKS EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE CAN CAUSE A MOMENTARY LOCK UP OF THE DRIVE WHEELS IF THE VEHICLE IS TRAVELING OVER 40 MPH AND THE OPERATOR SHIFTS FROM DRIVE TO NEUTRAL AND BACK TO DRIVE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2333
- Consequence: IF THE DRIVE WHEELS LOCKED UP, LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL COULD OCCUR INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED DURING SEPTEMBER 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. F43. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 06V341000
Dodge offers a three-year/36,000-mile basic limited warranty. 2007 and 2008 models purchased after July 26, 2007 are now covered by a lifetime powertrain warranty.
Warranty information last updated: 2/4/09
Next Steps: Dodge Charger