2010 Dodge Charger Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGSRecall Date: 05/27/2015
- Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V313000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 4,066,732
- Summary: Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2005-2009 Dodge Ram 2500, 2004-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 and Durango, 2006-2009 Dodge Ram 3500, 2008-2010 Dodge Ram 4500 and 5500, 2007-2008 Chrysler Aspen, 2005-2010 Chrysler 300, 300C, SRT8, Dodge Charger and Magnum, 2005-2011 Dodge Dakota, and 2006-2010 Mitsubishi Raider vehicles. The affected vehicles are equipped with a dual-stage driver frontal air bag that may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which, over time, could cause the inflator to rupture.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify the affected Chrysler and Dodge owners and Mitsubishi will notify the affected Raider owners. Dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began for Chrylser on June 8, 2015. The recall for Mitsubishi stated on June 24, 2015. Chrysler and Dodge owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Mitsubishi owners may call 1-888-648-7820. Chrysler's number for this recall is R25. Note: This recall supersedes recall 14V817 in its entirety. Vehicles that have had their driver side frontal air bag replaced previously need to have their air bag replaced under this recall as well.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:MODULERecall Date: 05/06/2010
- Consequence: THE RESULT OF THE DEFECT COULD LEAD TO A CONDITION WHERE THE KEY MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE IGNITION SWITCH (WIN MODULE) PRIOR TO PLACING THE SHIFTER IN PARK. THIS COULD RESULT IN THE POTENTIAL FOR UNINTENDED VEHICLE MOVEMENT AND COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V200000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 40131
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 CHRYSLER 300, DODGE CHALLENGER, CHARGER, JEEP COMMANDER, GRAND CHEROKEE AND DODGE RAM VEHICLES. THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A WIRELESS IGNITION NODE (WIN) MODULE EXHIBITING A BINDING CONDITION OF THE SOLENOID LATCH.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE THE WIN MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JULY 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2010 Dodge Charger