Dodge Dart Review
The 2015 Dodge Dart ranks 18 out of 27 Affordable Compact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Dodge Dart, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Dodge Dart earns reviewer praise for is easy-to-use tech features and agile handling, although some dislike the underpowered base engine and complain that the seats provide too little comfort.
The 2015 Dodge Dart comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that test drivers say provides adequate power, though they add that merging and passing prove difficult at highway speeds. The available turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine provides more eager acceleration and is more responsive, reviewers say. Others favor the 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine found in higher trims, which produces more muscle for passing. A six-speed manual transmission is standard and a six-speed automatic is optional. The base 2015 Dart gets an EPA-estimated 25/36 mpg city/highway, which is low for a compact car. Models with the turbocharged engine use less fuel, delivering up to 28/41 mpg. Critics agree that the Dodge Dart is surprisingly nimble for the class, and while some say that it rides firmly, they agree that the ride is never harsh or uncomfortable. Some also like the Dart’s well-weighted steering, though others comment that it could provide more feedback.
Automotive writers note the high-end materials lining the 2015 Dodge Dart’s interior, although they add that some competitors’ cabins are designed better. Test drivers say the front seats are oddly formed, which causes discomfort. Overall, they say the interior is spacious and point out the generous legroom afforded to rear-seat passengers. Reviewers appreciate how the Dodge Dart’s controls are arranged, and some feel the Uconnect infotainment system is among the more user-friendly systems on the market. The 2015 Dodge Dart comes with a four-speaker stereo with an auxiliary input. Available features include air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, leather upholstery, power door locks, cruise control, Bluetooth, a USB port, Dodge’s Uconnect infotainment system with an 8.4-inch touch screen, navigation, an Alpine audio system, satellite radio, proximity key, push-button start, rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and a rearview camera.
- "Dart downsides include an equipment roster that's biased heavily toward higher trim levels, as the entry-level SE ($15,995) lacks connectivity features and doesn't even come standard with air conditioning. But car shoppers are increasingly willing to spend $20,000 or more for a small car. If you're one of them, you definitely owe yourself a test drive in the Italian-American Dodge Dart." -- AutoTrader
- "For the money, the 2015 Dodge Dart offers roominess, ample feature content and abundant style. But powertrain and refinement weaknesses relegate it to mid-pack status in the small-sedan segment." -- Edmunds
- "The wide range of available models, cool styling, spacious interior and sporty driving experience combined with excellent safety ratings and cutting-edge technology make the compact Dodge Dart sedan an attractive (if frequently overlooked) choice in an extremely competitive segment." -- Kelley Blue Book
Dodge Dart Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Kia Forte earns praise for its roomy back seat and large trunk, as well as an available infotainment system that’s easy to use. The Forte also gets slightly better fuel economy, and it’s available in sedan, coupe and hatchback body styles.
The Mazda3 gets great fuel economy, and test drivers agree that it’s one of the most agile cars in the class. Reviewers say the Mazda3’s cabin is outfitted with high-quality materials, and they like its optional, user-friendly infotainment system.
Details: 2015 Dodge Dart
The 2015 Dodge Dart is a front-wheel drive, five-seat sedan. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission are standard, and a six-speed automatic is available. The Dart comes in SE, SXT, Aero, GT and Limited trims. The Dart was introduced as a 2013 model, and is basically unchanged for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2013 through the current model year.
Next Steps: Dodge Dart
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Dart
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Dart
- Search used Dodge Dart for sale (3,193 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals