Dodge Dart Interior
While a few critics note that some rivals seem more solidly constructed, the 2015 Dodge Dart generally earns praise for its roomy cabin, which features premium materials and logically arranged controls. Reviewers also appreciate the Dart’s user-friendly infotainment system and roomy back seat, though many say that the Dart’s front seats could be more comfortable.
- "There's also a real sense of occasion in its tidy sheet metal and sculpted, high-quality interior." -- AutoTrader
- "The Dodge Dart makes a nice first impression, with padded surfaces, dash stitching and available flares of colorful trim. Build quality isn't exactly up to that of the segment leaders, though." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Dodge Dart boasts an interior that's larger than you might expect. Spacious and well designed, there are plenty of soft-touch surfaces, and the controls are nicely laid out." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior materials are mostly excellent. Soft-touch padded plastics with attractive finishes cover the dash, arm rests and the top of the doors in most models. The doors' lower surfaces, around the map pockets, have a hard surface and unattractive look." -- Detroit Free Press (2013)
Dodge Dart Pictures
The Dodge Dart seats five and is available with leather upholstery, heated front seats and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Test drivers are pleased with the spaciousness of the Dart’s cabin, noting that the front seats are roomy, and that the rear seats offer plenty of legroom. Some also note that the Dart’s LATCH connectors are easy to access. However, many critics note that the Dart’s front seats are uncomfortable, and if you have long legs you may have trouble finding a good driving position. Reviewers also note that the storage compartment under the passenger seat further compromises comfort, since it results in a seat cushion that’s too thinly padded.
- "There's good space for occupants up front, but the Dart's front seats are oddly shaped and feel as if they're mounted too high. As a result, longer-legged drivers may find they can't lower the seat-bottom cushion enough for optimum comfort." -- Edmunds
- "If there is a spot where the new Dart separates itself from its compact-car competition, it is the interior. It feels more like that of a midsize car than a compact, with ample front-seat space and rear-seat legroom." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "My complaints about the Dart include the front seats, which look better than they feel. The front passenger sits atop a hidden storage compartment, a clever idea that unfortunately results in a thin and uncomfortable seat cushion." -- The New York Times (2013)
- "Most families may opt for a larger vehicle to cart the kids around, but the Dart deserves a look thanks to its easy- to-access Latch anchors." -- Cars.com (2013)
The 2015 Dart comes standard with a four-speaker stereo with an auxiliary input. Available features include air conditioning, power door locks, cruise control, Bluetooth, a USB port, Dodge’s Uconnect infotainment system with an 8.4-inch touch screen, navigation, an Alpine audio system, satellite radio, proximity key, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and a rearview camera.
Critics write that the Dart’s optional Uconnect infotainment system is one of the most user-friendly systems on the market, especially when compared with systems like MyFord Touch. They praise Uconnect’s simple menus, large touch-screen buttons and redundant knobs, which make it easy to access your smartphone or iPod.
- "Compared to the complicated MyFord Touch system in the rival Ford Focus, the Dart's Uconnect touchscreen is an ergonomic knockout, providing almost iPad-like clarity and ease of use." -- AutoTrader
- "We highly recommend springing for the available 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment interface, which you can get with or without a navigation system. It features straightforward menus, large on-screen buttons and an accompanying knob that makes whipping through iPod menus a breeze." -- Edmunds
- "We're particularly glad that the 8.4-inch Uconnect touch-screen system we've enjoyed in other Dodge vehicles lives here intact." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In terms of usability, this infotainment system sets the standard for the market, let alone the segment." -- Left Lane News (2013)
The 2015 Dodge Dart has 13.1 cubic feet of cargo space, which is typical for a compact sedan. However, rivals like the Chevrolet Cruze and Volkswagen Jetta offer a bit more room. Test drivers note that the Dart’s cabin has a number of storage spaces for small items, including a roomy center console and a hidden storage compartment under the passenger seat. However, some note that the trunk’s hinges are a little weak, which can make it difficult to keep open when loading cargo.
- "Trunk capacity is 13.1 cubic feet, an average number in this class. Although the trunk holds a decent amount of gear, the hinges on its lid are unusually weak, making it all too easy to close the trunk accidentally when loading bulky or heavy items." -- Edmunds
- "The large center console bin and glove box can swallow all your knickknacks. ..." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "We did really like the cool underseat storage bin in the base of the front passenger seat. Some have said it's the perfect place to stash contraband, but we think an iPad or smartphone is more appropriate." -- Left Lane News (2013)
- "The trunk is wide at the back, but absolute volume is only class-competitive, and sickle-shaped lid hinges dip into the load area." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Dodge Dart
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Dart
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Dart
- Search used Dodge Dart for sale (3,193 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals