Dodge Durango Review
The 2015 Dodge Durango ranks 5 out of 13 Affordable Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Dodge Durango, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Dodge Durango is ranked:
The 2015 Dodge Durango wins over critics with its optional V8 engine, agile handling and easy-to-use infotainment system.
A V6 engine is standard in the 2015 Dodge Durango, and reviewers say it produces sufficient power for most drivers and families. The available V8 engine, they note, has additional punch that makes the Durango an excellent towing vehicle. The standard eight-speed automatic transmission has silky shifts and responds well, critics say. A rear-wheel drive Durango returns an EPA-estimated 18/25 mpg city/highway. Auto journalists write that the Durango has more nimble handling than many other SUVs in the segment, especially the R/T trim, which has a sport-tuned suspension. However, they caution that this trim has a stiff ride. On the whole, though, reviewers say the Durango rides comfortably.
The 2015 Dodge Durango seats seven people in its cabin, which automotive writers applaud for its attractive design and premium materials. They report that the front seats are comfortable, but some find the cushions in the second row somewhat flat. Still, others say the second row is supportive and roomy. Some critics find the third row reasonably spacious, but others say it is better suited for children. The Durango's overall cargo space is typical for the class. Tri-zone automatic climate control and the Uconnect infotainment system with Bluetooth, a USB port and a 5-inch touch screen are standard. A rearview camera, navigation, a Beats by Dr. Dre audio system, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, rear parking sensors, rear cross path alert, remote start, a dual-screen rear-seat Blu-Ray entertainment system and Uconnect with an 8.4-inch touch screen are optional. Test drivers agree that Uconnect is very user-friendly, and remark that the 8.4-inch screen has sharp graphics.
- "Based on the popular Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Durango's rear-wheel-drive platform gives it real credibility as a workhorse, whether you're towing something or heading off the road. The Grand Cherokee's carlike ride and handling are present here as well, so the Durango gives up nothing to the Ford Explorers of the world as a suburban errand-runner. Imagine that: an SUV that genuinely provides the best of both worlds." -- AutoTrader
- "But for the most part, the Durango remains a stylish, aggressive-looking truck with available V-8 power, plenty of towing ability, and some new fuel-economy technology lurking behind its menacing face." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "Thanks to its welcoming interior and excellent highway manners, the 2014 Dodge Durango is a great choice for a seven-passenger SUV." -- Edmunds (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
The Toyota Highlander can seat one more person than the Durango, and test drivers like its quiet, comfortable ride. They are also pleased with its first-rate cabin materials and abundance of small-item storage throughout the cabin.
According to reviewers, the Buick Enclave has an exceptionally nice interior, with an appealing design and lots of rich, soft-touch materials. Auto journalists also say the Enclave’s third row is comfortable for adults, and it has more overall cargo space than the Durango.
Details: 2015 Dodge Durango
The 2015 Dodge Durango seats up to seven and has standard rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. A 3.6-liter V6 engine is standard, while a 5.7-liter V8 is optional. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard. The Durango comes in four trims: SXT, Limited, Citadel and R/T. The Durango was last fully redesigned for the 2011 model year and sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Dodge Durango
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Durango
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Durango
- Search used Dodge Durango for sale (6,567 listings)
- See Affordable Large SUVs rankings