Dodge Grand Caravan Review
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan ranks 6 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Dodge Grand Caravan, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan appeals to critics because of its low starting price and flexible Stow ‘n Go seats, but they say its rivals are more comfortable and refined.
Automotive journalists say the 2015 Grand Caravan’s V6 engine is powerful but noisier than competitors’. Some also write that its six-speed automatic transmission can be slow to downshift. According to the EPA, the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan gets 17/25 mpg city/highway, which is slightly below average for the class. The Grand Caravan’s poor ride quality over rough pavement disappoints many reviewers, though they say it handles fairly well thanks to its responsive steering.
Some reviewers think the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan has an attractive interior with soft-touch materials, but others note that fit and finish still aren’t up to class standards. According to critics, the Grand Caravan’s optional Stow ‘n Go seats, which fold flat into the floor, make it easy to expand the cargo area, but they are mounted low and have padding that’s too thin. The 2015 Grand Caravan comes standard with a four-speaker audio system, an auxiliary audio jack and a third-row tailgate seat that can flip around to face out of the hatch. Available features include leather upholstery, a power-adjustable driver seat, heated front- and second-row seats, power rear windows, a power liftgate, power-sliding rear doors, tri-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, rear cross path monitoring, a nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, two USB ports, Bluetooth, navigation, a dual-screen Blu-ray entertainment system and Dodge’s Uconnect touch-screen infotainment system. Some auto writers think the Uconnect system overcomplicates simple audio adjustments, but they say the other controls in the Grand Caravan’s cabin are easy to use.
- "While the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan offers a versatile interior and a wide range of comfort and convenience features, the van seems pedestrian next to top models from Nissan, Toyota and Honda." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan is priced right and chock-full of handy features, but its lack of refinement keeps it a notch below the Japanese-brand competition in the minivan segment." -- Edmunds
- "Although its somewhat dated platform makes for middling driving manners, the Grand Caravan does boast a capacious and innovative cabin that makes it an ideal choice for large families." -- Left Lane News
- "While it's true that the Dodge Grand Caravan isn't particularly interesting to drive, and its styling is about as box-on-wheels as it gets, its low price - even when fully loaded - makes it a killer value." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other Minivans to Consider
Reviewers appreciate the redesigned Kia Sedona’s sophisticated interior materials and attractive design. Test drivers also like its quiet ride and user-friendly dashboard controls.
The Toyota Sienna has a powerful V6 engine, a comfortable ride and composed handling, according to test drivers. Critics add that the 2015 Sienna’s refreshed interior is one of the nicest in the class thanks to first-rate materials and a handsome design.
Details: 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan seats seven and comes in American Value Package (AVP), SE, SXT and R/T trims. Every Grand Caravan comes with a 3.6-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. The Grand Caravan’s last full redesign was in 2008, and since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Dodge Grand Caravan
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Search used Dodge Grand Caravan for sale (12,106 listings)
- See Minivans rankings