Dodge Grand Caravan Review
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan ranks 6 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Dodge Grand Caravan, as well as reliability and safety data.
Test drivers like the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan's low entry-level price and flexible Stow 'n Go seats, but they note its competitors are more refined and comfortable.
The 2015 Grand Caravan's V6 engine is louder than rivals', reviewers say, but they note that it is powerful. The six-speed automatic transmission is sometimes slow to downshift, they say. The EPA rates the Grand Caravan’s fuel economy at 17/25 mpg city/highway, which is lower than what most rivals earn. The Grand Caravan’s poor ride quality over rough pavement disappoints many reviewers, though they say it handles fairly well thanks to its responsive steering.
Some automotive journalists appreciate the handsome interior and soft-touch materials in the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan, though others find the construction isn't on par with class standards. The Caravan's available Stow 'n Go seats make expanding the cargo area easy by folding flat into the floor, but test drivers find they have thin padding and are mounted low. The 2015 Grand Caravan comes standard with a four-speaker audio system, an auxiliary audio jack and a third-row tailgate seat that can flip around to face out of the hatch. Available features include leather upholstery, a power-adjustable driver seat, heated front- and second-row seats, power rear windows, a power liftgate, power-sliding rear doors, tri-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, rear cross path monitoring, a nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, two USB ports, Bluetooth, navigation, a dual-screen Blu-ray entertainment system and Dodge’s Uconnect touch-screen infotainment system. Some auto writers think the Uconnect system overcomplicates simple audio adjustments, but they say the other controls in the Grand Caravan’s cabin are easy to use.
- "While the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan offers a versatile interior and a wide range of comfort and convenience features, the van seems pedestrian next to top models from Nissan, Toyota and Honda." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan is priced right and chock-full of handy features, but its lack of refinement keeps it a notch below the Japanese-brand competition in the minivan segment." -- Edmunds
- "Although its somewhat dated platform makes for middling driving manners, the Grand Caravan does boast a capacious and innovative cabin that makes it an ideal choice for large families." -- Left Lane News
- "While it's true that the Dodge Grand Caravan isn't particularly interesting to drive, and its styling is about as box-on-wheels as it gets, its low price - even when fully loaded - makes it a killer value." -- Kelley Blue Book
Dodge Grand Caravan Pictures & Videos
Other Minivans to Consider
Reviewers appreciate the redesigned Kia Sedona’s sophisticated interior materials and attractive design. Test drivers also like its quiet ride and user-friendly dashboard controls.
The Toyota Sienna has a powerful V6 engine, a comfortable ride and composed handling, according to test drivers. Critics add that the 2015 Sienna’s refreshed interior is one of the nicest in the class thanks to first-rate materials and a handsome design.
Details: 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan seats seven and comes in American Value Package (AVP), SE, SXT and R/T trims. Every Grand Caravan comes with a 3.6-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. The Grand Caravan’s last full redesign was in 2008, and since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Dodge Grand Caravan
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Search used Dodge Grand Caravan for sale (12,106 listings)
- See Minivans rankings