Dodge Grand Caravan Interior
According to some reviewers, the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan’s cabin is nicely appointed with soft-touch materials, but other critics think it doesn’t match the quality of competitors’ interiors. Test drivers say the Grand Caravan’s optional Stow ‘n Go second- and third-row seats, which fold flat into the floor, make it easy to expand the cargo area. However, some note that the second-row seats are mounted low and covered in thin padding.
- "The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan offers up a clever and comfortable interior for its seven passengers." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The dashboard sports a much simpler and more elegant layout, while strategically placed soft-touch materials create an upscale feel." -- Left Lane News
- "The Grand Caravan's cabin finishes also aren't quite up to the competition's standards in a few places." -- Edmunds
Dodge Grand Caravan Pictures
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan seats seven in three rows and comes standard with cloth upholstery and a third-row tailgate seat, which can flip to face out of the hatch. Available features include leather upholstery, an eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, heated front- and second-row seats and a heated steering wheel. Some critics think the driver seat could use more legroom, and when equipped with Stow ‘n Go, some automotive journalists say the second-row seats aren’t as well-padded as those of rival minivans, and are mounted too low. However, reviewers like the third-row seat’s tailgate feature, and they say it accommodates two adults comfortably.
- "You'll find good outward vision from an upright front-seat position, but some drivers -- particularly taller ones -- are likely to find the seat placement awkward, mostly because the pedals seem too close to the driver." -- Edmunds
- "Perfect for a day at the game or a shaded family picnic, the Dodge's 2014 Grand Caravan's third-row seat can be flipped 180 degrees backward, creating a comfortable couch on which to perch your weary bones." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The 2nd-row seats are roomy and supportive, if mounted a bit low, so adults ride in a slight knees-up position. The 3rd-row bench can accommodate 2 passengers comfortably. With the Stow 'n Go system, 2nd-row seat padding is not as robust as it is on rival vans, but it's not much of a comfort penalty." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "And the slant and padding of the second-row seats made them uncomfortable. Kids didn't seem to mind, though." -- USA Today (2011)
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan comes standard with a four-speaker audio system and an auxiliary audio jack. Available features include power rear windows, a power liftgate, power-sliding rear doors, tri-zone automatic climate control, remote start, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, rear cross path monitoring, an upgraded six- or nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, two USB ports, Bluetooth, navigation, a single-screen DVD entertainment system, a dual-screen Blu-ray entertainment system and a Uconnect infotainment system with a 6.5-inch touch screen.
Some reviewers write that the Uconnect infotainment system is user-friendly, but others complain that it has frustrating controls that complicate simple tasks, such as adjusting the audio system. However, most auto writers think the Grand Caravan’s other interior controls are straightforward.
- "It's worth the money to make sure you buy a trim level or option package that includes the UConnect 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment interface. It's not the big 8.4-inch screen found in other Dodges, but the system is pretty easy to use otherwise." -- Edmunds
- "Grand Caravan's dashboard features large, easy-to-read gauges. Most controls are logically arranged. When equipped with Chrysler's Uconnect multimedia suite, a few audio functions become a bit more complicated than they should be." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "A cluttered user interface, counterintuitive controls, and a Garmin-branded navigation system bundled into this package that is among the worst we've tried in any new vehicle. We'll admit that once you figure it out, Uconnect is functional and capable of keeping the family entertained, but dads won't be dragging their buddies out of the man cave to show off this tech." -- Autoblog (2011)
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan has 143.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the front seats, 83.3 behind the second-row seats and 33 behind the third-row seats, which are good cargo volumes for a minivan. Though the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna have more room behind all three rows, they require you to remove their second-row seats to achieve maximum cargo volume. The Grand Caravan is available with Stow ‘n Go seats, which fold flat into the floor. Critics say the Stow ‘n Go feature is very easy to use and greatly enhances the Grand Caravan’s cargo versatility.
- "It's hard not to love Dodge's ultra-useful Stow 'n Go second-row seats that disappear into the floor with the flick of a lever." -- Edmunds
- "One of its aces is cargo flexibility, primarily due to the Stow 'n Go 2nd-row seats, which quickly fold into the floor to maximize cargo space without removing the heavy seats." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "What hasn't changed is the Grand Caravan's interior flexibility, which is largely due to Dodge's clever Stow 'n Go feature." -- Left Lane News
Next Steps: Dodge Grand Caravan
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Search used Dodge Grand Caravan for sale (12,106 listings)
- See Minivans rankings